Buy iPad2 now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fansie, Aug 9, 2011.

  1. fansie macrumors member

    Feb 3, 2009
    I am about to buy an iPad but with rumors of a new iPad 2 HD coming out, should I wait until September or do you think they are false and should I get it now?

  2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030


    Jun 30, 2010
    Well, do you want one now or around March 2012?
  3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    May 13, 2010
    Of course apple will release iPad 2 HD this fall. I am sure they can manage themselves well by releasing iPhone 5 and iPad 2 HD this fall at the same time. Wait... they will be updating iPods as well.

    So, yea. I would wait.
  4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

    Nov 10, 2010
  5. DNAppleGold, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011

    DNAppleGold macrumors 6502

    Apr 9, 2009
    Now. Unless an update is imminent or the current model is out of date, my suggestion is usually by when you need one. There is very little chatter about an IP3 or HD. Yes, there were lots of rumors earlier but not as much now. No new cases or prototypes being proffered -- the typical stuff you get when a product is coming soon. Also, the IP2 is not old in the tooth in anyway. It's still the best of show of all the tablets. Heck my, IP1 is still the quickest computing device I own and I'm still completely satisfied with it. Since there is a media event early Sept, maybe wait until then. Maybe.
  6. greytmom macrumors 68040


    Jun 23, 2010
    I didn't upgrade from my iPad 1 until yesterday. Very happy that I did, and if the 3 is released tomorrow, I'll still be happy.
  7. macrumors newbie

    Aug 13, 2011
    Well,it all depends on your individual needs. If you need one, by all means buy one. There is always something new coming out.
  8. luked14 macrumors 6502

    Aug 1, 2010
    Anything is possible with Apple but the rumors about a new iPad in the fall are a stretch. I don't see any reason to expect anything other than a yearly refresh on the iPad, and don't be surprised if the next iPad doesn't have a retina display.
  9. NoStopN macrumors 6502


    Jul 13, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    As the most current news has said, there will 99.9% likely NOT be another iPad release this year. So, 4.5 months until a possible release (more than likely, longer than that), or buy a new one now. If you are worried about buyer's remorse, try checking Ebay or :)eek:) Craigslist. Someone may be trying to sell an iPad 1 for a good deal. This way, the only apps that you can't run are those that require a camera. And, actually, you can add apps like that onto the iPad with the iPhone Configuration Tool from Apple.
  10. TheMacFather macrumors newbie

    Jun 25, 2011
    London, UK
    Nothing wrong with the iPad 1 IMO, my girlfriend has one and it does everything she wants. I have an iPad two but then I was given it as a gift
  11. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

    Nov 10, 2010
    Wait for the iPad 4 because it's bound to be better than the iPad 3.
  12. teleromeo macrumors 65816


    Dec 2, 2006
    kidnapped by aliens
    Just buy now and enjoy, you seem to want it right now.
    iPad2 is great.
  13. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

    Feb 1, 2010
    You may be able to get an iPad 3 from that guy on craigslist selling the iPhone 5.

    Seriously though, I just ordered an iPad 2. All the features of iOS 5 will be supported with iPad 2 and iOS 6 has to be at least a year away. Only updates in iPad 3 would likely be hardware and not really functionality anyways.

Share This Page