Buy iPhone 3GS while in the US

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 622, Jun 26, 2009.

1. 622 macrumors newbie

Heeey...

So I am going to the US in less than 24 hours, and was wording if there is a way for me to buy an iPhone 3GS while I am there???

I'm from Denmark, that will get the 3GS in a matter of days. But the difference in price (you know strong European currency ;D) make me consider if this an option?

Is there a way for me to buy an iPhone in the US, without me having an US adresse. And signing up for an AT&T subscription?

I have not heard that this is possible. Buuuuut... I was thinking that it would be very uncool (trying to say it in a nice way), as iPhone/iTunes have this nice feature of restoring from a backup. So if I did loose my current iPhone 3G, I can fast be up and running on a new phone.

Any input? (hoping here)

A few facts:

- I today have a iPhone 3G that I have had under contract here in Denmark. So that is all done the "right" way.
    - I will be going to San Francisco for the next week. As I am attending Cisco Live! (Very much looking forward to that.)

Thanks from -> Christian

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes, you can buy for the non-commitment price at $599 and $699 respectively for the 16GB and the 32GB.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Be aware that the phone will still be locked to the AT&T network.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That's a different story. OP mentioned ability to buy it here, never mentioned can he unlock it.;);)

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Looks like soft unlock is only days away, I wouldn't worry about that.

6. 622 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice... And not so nice.

Nice, because that would be a good price for me. :cool:

But not so nice, because I don't want to fight with a locked phone. :mad:

(Yes I did not say anything about that... Was trying to cover it all. But missed that one :eek:)

That is not something you can pay your way out of? ... When the iPhone 3G was released in Denmark. You could buy it out, and get it unlocked. But the price made that a very expensive way to go.

7. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I guess you didn't understand what I was saying in the post above you. Visit the hack section of this forum in about a week or so, unlock should be ready then...for FREE.

8. 622 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do... Was just writing while you sent your reply. (Smart a.. picking on the Danish guy ;) he he!)

Thanks for your replays... All of you! Will be looking in to this over my week in the US. :D