Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Thanks everyone for your precious input on this. I will wait. Makes more sense and you’ve made me see why.

I’m not specifically targeting your post, but just certain words that you used have enlightened my thought process. I just don’t understand how someone gets *Bored* with an iPhone or smart phone in general. I mean, it’s a phone that you use every day to make calls, it’s a notification device, emails, camera, ect. I think all smart phones in general eventually get boring, that includes the iPhone X. Really because they all have the same functionality, and the hardware eventually euphoria fades, where it really comes down to the software experience. I just want to clarify this, because I do see other saying ‘I got bored of my iPhone’, I never really found smart phones exciting to begin with, as its a tool.

It’s hard to explain. It feels like I’ve done everything there was to do with it. I need to buy another one with more features. Yes eventually the excitement will fade in a few months and the cycle repeats itself. Shopaholic maybe. It’s not restricted to smartphones.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Why not if you need one? I just took a friend to the Apple Store the other day to buy an iPhone X.

I bought an iPhone 7 Plus last year around this time as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.