Buy iWork 09 or wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TC400, Oct 8, 2010.

1. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

After I got my new iMac I downloaded the trial version of iWork 09 and I have to say I was quite impressed. Much better than M$ office. But we will leave that for another post! :rolleyes:
    But with 2011 right around the corner do you think Apple will be making iWork 11 anytime soon? I wouldn't mind paying the $80 price tag seems really nice to me actually but I don't want to buy iWork then have a new version come out!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The question is, do you need it now? I'm sure Apple has something on their mind about iLife and iWork '11. Maybe you could live with OpenOffice or NeoOffice and wait till iWork '11 gets released?

3. TC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TC400

Well I have a PC with office 07 So I don't need it that bad.
    And I hope Apple is working on something.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I bought iWork from Amazon for only $30 when I got my computer back in July. I installed the trial version first and it kind of messed things up when it got to the installation of the purchased one (it was asking me for a serial number but the box didn't have one). If you do that, just make sure you delete the iWork ’09 folder from HD > Applications & then the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & then reinstall from the DVD.

5. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

I'll add my vote for "If you could get by then I'd wait." I know iLife 11 is coming out with new upgrades, iWork 11 may also have some newer capabilities.

6. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I agree, it's most probably going to be well worth the wait... :)