Buy MacBook Pro now or wait for redesign?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AbyssImpact, Mar 23, 2013.

1. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Obviously there will be a redesign soon, there are rumors of a larger track pad, etc

so, should I buy now or wait? I don't want to buy it now and then have an outdated MacBook Pro in a few months.

It would be horrible, all the girls will laugh at me in school for not having the latest. Whatdouthink?

2. simsaladimbamba

What rumours and what girls? Anyway, there will be no redesign this year, Apple already redesigned the MBP last year.

But then again, I think this just another thread heading for Wasteland like many threads of yours before.

3. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Wow. And where are the rumors of a larger trackpad? It is already "oversized".

Retina line is a brand new design. cMBP is headed for extinction. I say transfer schools or just buy now.

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

5. AbyssImpact thread starter macrumors 6502a

There were rumors before the last MacBook Pro release. I don't think the trackpad is that big now, with new gestures coming out, it's best to increase the size.

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Obviously spam - at least my post count is going up.

7. AbyssImpact thread starter macrumors 6502a

? It is true though. At least at my school. It is a status symbol.

8. MacKid, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013

MacKid macrumors 6502

Nah I heard the changes will be only iterative. Apple needs a real breakout product like a physical implementation of its Time Machine software, or a MacBook Pro with Teleport Display.

#steveneverwouldhave

9. utekineir macrumors 6502

girls wont know any better

they only see branding, just like cars

most wouldn't know an m3 from a jetta with a bmw badge duct taped on

fear not, you'll pull just as much sleeved hipster tail at starbucks with a original core duo as you will with the spaceship haswell of the future.

10. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

You can't be serious....

----------

First time I've heard about this rumor....

11. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

Girls?

No offense, but the OP sounds best suited for a $300 netbook, not a $2800 (or a bit less or course) Macbook.

Holy cow, kids these days!

Buy a computer when you need it. No regrets. This is the only way to live. I paid $2,800 pre-Haswell. Don't care. There's always something better around the corner. Don't F5 on rumors. Just buy a machine when you need a machine (or when your mommy and daddy will buy you one I guess?).

12. bbapps macrumors regular

Reason to wait..

• Rumor: next gen lower price, better options (larger SSD options at lower price).
    • Rumor: next gen possible re-design and/or enhancements/fixes to current gen.
    • Haswell: longer battery life, minor performance gains, GPU gains, better heat management.
    • Current gen display issues (e.g. display lottery).

Reason not to wait..

• Who knows when next gen will be released; most likely august-september timeframe (long ways out)..

13. urkel macrumors 68030

Huh? You claim "Obviously there will be a redesign soon" by citing a rumor of a rumor from 2011 that turned out to be fake? The rMBP IS the new redesign so I'd expect this to stick around for a while.

As for trackpads, how can you say it's not that big? It easily accomodates 5finger gestures so if any more fingers or toes get involved then it might as well be a touchscreen.

14. bbapps macrumors regular

15. AbyssImpact thread starter macrumors 6502a

16. AbyssImpact thread starter macrumors 6502a

Once a rumor, always a rumor.

Imagine this scenario:

The iPad mini is rumored to be updated with the retina display. (now)

The iPad mini doesn't get the retina display, only updated processors, camera, etc. (Future)

Fast forward to the next update, the rumor is still true, it could have a retina display. (Future future)

17. Kushp14 macrumors regular

Retina's will most likely not have a body change since it was just introduced last summer… only processors..

18. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

19. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Another rumor thread with redesigns and new trackpad and all?
    Wow Im getting sick just looking at these threads now.

Obviously there wont be a redesign for another year or two, even more.
    They just changed everything mid last year.

20. Ann P macrumors 68020

Hope you're joking. Most people can't tell, and we females don't care what laptop you are using....

Where are these "rumors" coming from?

21. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

buy a 09-10 off ebay get a 1 Year square trade warranty and use it until the new ones comes out if you are satisfied then you can just keep it for a year or if not you could still sale it...

22. gregorious macrumors newbie

Where do you live? or what school do you go to? The newest apple product may be a status symbol in your area but don't let that drive your actions and sense of validation to such an extent. It will be a never ending cycle of unhappiness

23. AbyssImpact thread starter macrumors 6502a

Uc Davis. And yes, having the latest will attract more females. It is true, they all go to the cool kids with the latest gadgets because it will make them look cool.