Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pc2mac2011

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Can you install lion while keeping snow Leo?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Can you install lion while keeping snow Leo?

Just create a new partition. I'm running both in my iMac as we speak.

ebow

macrumors 6502a
I'm personally planning to hold out until Lion comes out (I've used my G5 iMac for this long, I can probably make it a few more months :p) but my main reason to wait is my delusional hope that Apple will offer a higher-res, matte display option for the MPB-13, especially if enough of us send in feedback politely requesting it. That, or there's a slim chance we'll see updated MBAs by then (pure speculation). Either way I'll get a fresh Lion installation and not have to bother with updating SL. Yeah, I know 10.7.0 is likely to have some bugs, but...

Funkymonk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2011
I'm personally planning to hold out until Lion comes out (I've used my G5 iMac for this long, I can probably make it a few more months :p) but my main reason to wait is my delusional hope that Apple will offer a higher-res, matte display option for the MPB-13, especially if enough of us send in feedback politely requesting it. That, or there's a slim chance we'll see updated MBAs by then (pure speculation). Either way I'll get a fresh Lion installation and not have to bother with updating SL. Yeah, I know 10.7.0 is likely to have some bugs, but...

I doubt apple would give higher res matte display to the 13". they have sticks too far up their asses to do something that awesome. I'm holding out for the redesign on 2012 that I'm hoping would happen. Hope they finally give it some damn respect!

Pc2mac2011

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011

Hellhamer do u have a walk thru guide on how to do it? A link or something thanks!

Whitelightning

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2007
Being a PC user... regardless how new lion is... certain "features" make me shake my head like the whole "resize the window from any side" feature... windows has had that since forever....

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland

Hellhamer do u have a walk thru guide on how to do it? A link or something thanks!

Just create a new Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition with Disk Utility and open the Lion DMG. Then select the partition you just created as the target of installation and wait. You can then select which OS to boot into by holding alt key when booting.

Being a PC user... regardless how new lion is... certain "features" make me shake my head like the whole "resize the window from any side" feature... windows has had that since forever....

Things were just done differently before. Just because things are done that way in Windows doesn't mean that they must be done that way in OS X, and vice versa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.