Buy new iPod Touch now for cheap or wait?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by goodtimes5, Jul 19, 2009.

  1. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a


    Apr 4, 2004
    Bay Area
    Because of Apple's laptop promotion, Craigslist is swamped with new 2nd gen iPod Touches going for ~$150. Should I grab one now or wait for this new Touch in September?
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Since the only thing we know about rev 3 is that capacity will increase, the choice is yours.
  3. jmann macrumors 604


    Dec 8, 2007
    bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    We are so close to September. I bet that the wait will be worth it.
  4. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

    May 15, 2009
    Nobody knows what the new 'Touch will bring this August/September. As with every single Apple refresh question: If you need it, buy it. :apple::apple:
  5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus


    Mar 7, 2007
    I think you might still be able to wait and see what the 3rd gen holds, they might still be available on CL cheap when the new one is released. But, it's your call.
  6. wordoflife macrumors 604


    Jul 6, 2009
    I say wait for many reasons.
    There might be new features like a Camera. Even if that doesn't come true, this will be happening- New specs

    App developers are going to be using more resources that the iPhone 3G S provides. I bet the iPod Touch will get more Ram and processing speeds.
  7. twitt3r macrumors 6502

    Apr 13, 2009
    If you can do without for now, just wait. September is not far off now, and we should have a better idea by then if an update is coming out. If not, you can then make your decision (i.e. continue to wait, or just get a 2G cheap). Personally, I'd wait for the new hardware, not for capacity reasons, or a pointless camera, but for the faster processors.
  8. QuadCoreDad macrumors member

    Jul 18, 2009
    North Pole .
    I suggest you wait. Better stuff if you wait.. 2 more months only.. :D

    My $0.02 :)
  9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

    Mar 15, 2008
    If you don't have a media player right now, then get a cheap 2nd gen. It'll give you 1.5 months of joy, after which you can decide if you want the 3rd gen. Sell your 2nd gen for a downpayment on the 3rd.
  10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 601

    Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
    I bought now... my iPod clickwheel is broken and I had unexpected cash, so i bought.

    However, i just bought the 8gb and will then buy myself the new one in September - regulating the "old" one to the kids to share for educational games and flashcards and the like.

    I'm in the process of a nasty divorce - and honestly, the treat of the iPod Touch and a haircut was the best thing i could have done for myself! LOL!
  11. MacLover4491 macrumors member

    Apr 22, 2009
    I would def wait. Loook what happened to the mba, mbp, and iphone 3g. Big price drop or a big jump in hardware. The price of the 2nd gen will drop significantly when the new one comes out. Apple still have a lot of room to make the ipod touch 3rd gen a lot better.

Share This Page