Buy now or wait..

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by GameViewPoint, Mar 1, 2012.

1. GameViewPoint macrumors newbie

I'm a PC game dev, and I'm just about to take the plunge into iOS. I was just about to get a new mini on amazon when I read that new ones usually come out in May? So should I just get one now, or wait a few months if the chances are a new one will be out in May?

2. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

my best guess is wait. I also think they will arrive in august or sept. I am saying this because it seems like you can wait.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

And it's possible they won't update the mini for quite awhile. It could be next year before they update it.

4. Liquinn Suspended

This makes me feel better about having bought the Mini on the 7th of January 2012. It's a good Mac :)

5. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

you could always use the base mini to develop with now and if a new mini comes out in 4 or 5 months move the one you bought into the livingroom for a multimedia device and buy the new one that comes out for yourself. :p

6. Motliest Crue macrumors regular

We aren't experts but I would think the new Mini wouldn't come out until later summer / early fall this year.

7. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

If you're a developer, I'm guessing this is not your primary machine?

Heck if it's just going to be used for developing iOS applications, you might just want to consider a refurb and call it a day.

8. old-wiz macrumors G3

Good idea; developing IOS doesn't require that much computing power.