Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by guspasho, Apr 24, 2012.

  1. guspasho macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2011
    #1
    It seems that nobody really knows whether Apple will announce their new MacBooks now or in August. I strongly doubt they would announce a new product during an earnings call, that's rather unusual and I think unprecedented. So does anyone know anything that can convince me they aren't going to make us wait until August/September for the new MacBooks?
     
  2. New Apple macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2012
    Location:
    Kristinestad
    #2
    the question has been made every day

    someone will kill you for this thread :D

    my quick answer is
    if you absolutely need it now, buy it now
    if you can wait 1 week to 2 months, then wait

    however this is the spring-summer of changes (ivy b) so it's up to you.
     
  3. guspasho thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2011
    #3
    Yeah, I just saw someone else ask basically the same thing four minutes before I did. Mea culpa. It's just that 1 week to 2 months is a lot of uncertainty. What has everyone thinking that it could happen this week anyway?
     
  4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

    heisenberg123

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2010
    Location:
    Hamilton, Ontario
  5. New Apple macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2012
    Location:
    Kristinestad
    #5
    - ivy bridge officially out (yesterday)
    - apple to talk about financial results (tomorrow?)
     
  6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 27, 2009
    Location:
    FL
    #6
    If you can wait a few months then wait. Odds are they they will announce something in the May/June time frame. They are not going to wait till August/September.
     
  7. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

    SPNarwhal

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2009
    Location:
    illinois
    #7
    There should be an automated response bot that responds to these threads, because the exact same thing seems to happen every day.

    OP: Hey guys, I really want a Macbook Pro but don't want to buy one right now and then regret it later. When do you think the new ones will come out?

    Poster 1: Let me go check my crystal ball.

    Poster 2: If you NEED it now, then buy it now. If you can wait, then wait.


    zzz.
     
  8. Keniutek macrumors 6502

    Keniutek

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2011
    Location:
    Poland
    #8
    Wait for Haswell... it's only 10-12 months away ;)
     
  9. user418 macrumors 6502a

    user418

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2010
    #9
    This question is asked at least once every day. Only you can answer it.
     
  10. Blue604 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2012
  11. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

    Ohrstrom

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2012
    Location:
    Sweden
  12. Aragorn234 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2012
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #12
    The Mods should lock the thread and make it a sticky.
    It sums up this all too common question.
     
  13. ano0oj macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #13
    April is usually about the time for macbook refreshes...When I bought my 2010 i5, I knew that the refresh was very close to happening due to news and increased chatter on these boards so I waited, and like expected...apple site went down wednesday night for a refresh
     

Share This Page