Buy on Release day or Wait? - Store is Up Now!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blu-Ray, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Buy Right Away or Wait?

Poll closed Jun 11, 2012.
  1. Buy as soon as it is available

54.2%
  2. Wait a couple of weeks to see some reviews and feedback from the community

26.7%
  3. Wait a month or more to make sure there are no issues with heat, battery, etc.

19.2%
  1. Blu-Ray, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

Blu-Ray macrumors regular

For those of you that are planning to buy a "redesigned" MBP (if the rumor comes true), are you going to buy as soon as it is available or wait to see if there are any issues like heat?

2. dutchnewbie macrumors regular

I'm going to buy my Macbook Pro next week Saturday

3. AznTakumi macrumors regular

I would by ASAP because even if there was a issue, I trust apple's warranty from experience and I know they will fix the issue for me.

4. PresidentScroob macrumors newbie

PresidentScroob

Monday

I'm buying as soon as its available online. I've had only great experiences with Apple products and the Apple Store where I live.

5. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

I'll probably get mine as soon as the back to school event starts to get the best deal.

6. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Have a bit of patience! Do you really need to buy it immediately?
    Have a play with one in an apple store first

7. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I bought my mid 2009 MBP on release day, 3 years later, it's still going strong. Just buy it and know that you have a warranty if anything does go wrong.

8. jcpb macrumors 6502a

Hitting the pre-order pages as soon as they go live.

9. neilpryde23 macrumors regular

I'm going to go to the apple store on Tuesday to go play with it for a bit but I'm not going to actually buy it til Friday so I'm not temped to blow off studying for my mcat exam all during the week just to play with it. I also want to order the appropriate upgrades from newegg once I know what the specs are going to be since we don't know about RAM or SSD options yet. Waiting for WWDC is weekend is going by really slowly but that's not necessarily a bad thing haha

10. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

If it is a redesign, I'm skipping the first generation. Will buy one next year.

11. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I've always waited. I'll be here to see how those who buy early like their machines and what kind of issues they have. I don't buy anything new until I see what those who bought before me think of the product.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I usually buy release day if it's available. I only buy what's in the store, so it usually ends up the higher possible configuration (because the store usually only stocks a set of channel configurations and then a maxed out configuration (antiglare upgrade, etc.)

13. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

I'll wait until school starts.

1. It'll have reviews by then, so I can take my time and decide on whether or not I like the new redesign.

2. If it turns out I don't like it, I can buy the older generation for a discount.

3. I don't absolutely need at this moment in order to be productive. I can get by on this POS machine for a few more months (hell, if I wanted to I can make it last another 2 years but I'm itching for a MBP).

4. Free iPod.

14. zhson macrumors newbie

I will like that as well, but I heard they said is only gift card now:(

15. Fouracre44 macrumors regular

I'm waiting till I have the money which should be in a couple of weeks. By then, I will also be able to grab a nice case for it and pick up applecare and a brand new 15" macbook pro babeh!

EDIT: I'm actually just waiting till ya mum comes over, then I'll get it!!

16. r3dm4lcz macrumors member

It works perfectly for me this year. I'm in work and able to watch the broadcast on Monday. Then on Wednesday I fly out to Mexico for 2 weeks. By the time I get back, I imagine there'll be tonnes of reviews and hopefully an updated MacBook Pro ready to buy at my local Apple store! :D

17. gnubelebung macrumors newbie

I am actually considering getting one early after release – if they get the 13" right, that is – and send it back if it's faulty or not adequate for my needs in any way.

18. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Probably not any more... based on last year's b2s promo they'll only be giving a $100 Mac App Store gift card.

When do they usually start the b2s promotion?

19. mac jones macrumors 68040

Don't see much of a downside to buying tomorrow (if possible). Anyway, it's exciting to pull the trigger eh? :D

20. didda macrumors newbie

if it's on the shop tomorrrow i will order it tomorrow or tuesday morning, but i think there will be shipping delay to europe like the ipad had.

21. MindsEye macrumors regular

Gonna wait 3 weeks to a month just to see what the initial feedback is like and to coincide with payday. Also the first time i'll be able to take advantage of the BTS promotion. Shame i'm no longer at uni though, if i remember correctly universities get a higher discounted rate than colleges and schools in the UK.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm going to place my order as soon as the apple store opens up after WWDC.

If you're concerned about potential design bugs or problems then you should wait. I'm going to roll the device this time and hope for the best.

I've done this before, and sometimes I had no problems and on an occasion or two I had problems. :( Apple took care of it, but still...

23. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

I'm waiting until back to school starts, whether that's immediately or in a few weeks.

24. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

I always pull the trigger after I finish the AnandTech reviews.