Buy or Not?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by olibutlin, Jan 28, 2010.

  1. olibutlin macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2010
    #1
    i desperately need a new computer as mine has broken what do i do buy a new macbook Pro 3.06ghz 500gb 7200rpm or wait till updates come and if so how long will that be?
     
  2. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #2
    An update is expected to surface in the next weeks, but nothing is set in stones.

    To give you better advise on what Mac you wanna get, you need to tell us what you need the Mac for.
     
  3. olibutlin thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2010
    #3
    i would be using it for final cut and logic mainly but needs to be portable i cannot really wait too long for this new machine and see that the core i5 chip would help me a lot. any idea of how the update would be introduced E.G conference would be highly appreciated.
     
  4. robj macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2009
    Location:
    Madrid, Spain
    #4
    I never stop wondering how this question is asked again and again and again...

    And the answer is always the same.

    "If you can't wait, wait, if not, buy it" Maybe you can change that little text bellow MacRumors:Forums logo and put: "If you can wait..." :D:D
     
  5. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #5
    It will be a silent update on a Tuesday.

    Or Apple will hold another press event, but that is less likely right now.

    For your use the 17" and the 15" will be good enough I think.

    The new i5/7 CPUs will definitely speed up encoding processes, but Final Cut and Logic might not be faster due to that.

    We have a 4-core Mac Pro and a 2-core PowerMac G5 at work, and Avid Media Composer seems to be slow on both machines, but maybe Final Cut and Logic can take advantage of multi-core machines much better now.
     
  6. olibutlin thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2010
    #6
    thanks "spinnerlys" for that information. any information on how long as i could wait a month but not too much longer it is that i don't want to buy one now and instantly be outdated?
     
  7. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #7
    We don't know. Wait or don't.



    This does say it best until thegoldenmackid awakes.

     
  8. olibutlin thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2010
    #8
    cheers again spinnerlys i am new to this forum so have not quite got to the grips of searching around but very much appreciate the help you have given me
     

Share This Page