Buy & return new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AppleMooseMan, Nov 29, 2012.

  1. AppleMooseMan macrumors regular

    Sep 11, 2012
    Hey - I've decided to order the 27inch but since it won't be coming for a few weeks I thought I may order the 21inch and then return it once the 27inch is released. I heard a lot of people doing this during the iPad mini launch.
    They would buy a wifi one and then once the LTE one was released they would return and buy the new one.
    Anyone else doing this?
  2. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

    Aug 25, 2010
    please, please don't do this. Stocks are already extremely limited, you'll be taking away an imac that someone else really wants, just to avoid a couple of weeks wait.

    I don't think I'd ever do this, it's just not the right thing to do, especially when we know there's little stock and we've all been waiting a long time already for this update.
  3. pubjoe macrumors 6502

    Aug 14, 2007
    It also seems like a lot of hassle. I'd rather just wait a few weeks like a grown up.
  4. AppleMooseMan thread starter macrumors regular

    Sep 11, 2012
    You're right - I've reconsidered and it wouldn't be right considering the amount of people who want this new machine along with the supply constraints.
    I'm going to order the 27inch and wait patiently.


    I've been waiting "like a grown up" since March.
  5. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

    Aug 25, 2010
    good decision mate, it'll be worth waiting for :)
  6. bflowers macrumors 6502a

    Jul 19, 2006
    that would be very bad form my friend. people have been waiting a very long time for these, and you are going to take one out of circulation only to return it. Then Apple will have to refurbish it, and sell it at a discount, which cuts into their profit margin. Thus stealing from their stockholders. Simply because you can't wait for the computer you are ordering.
  7. PacSunMama macrumors newbie

    Nov 9, 2012
    If you know you want the 27-inch, then just wait for it to arrive.

    I am unsure if I want the 21 or 27-inch, so I might trade what I have now (HATE it) for the 21-inch. I *think* it will meet my needs, but since they haven't released all the details for pricing and everything yet, I'm just not sure.
  8. tears2040 macrumors 6502

    Aug 27, 2010
    Forget Apple and the Consumers....
    Buy a 21.5" now, then return in your 14 day window period and re-order the 27" when you want it.

    Then when it hits the refurbished market I will buy it.... Maybe....

    It's not like this is life or death here, do what you want to and forget everybody
  9. boto macrumors 6502


    Jun 4, 2012
    It's your money man... I would only resort to this buying decision if I recently sold my previous mac and am without a computer. Otherwise, it seems impractical to waste your time and effort in refunding and returning the iMac.
  10. RoastingPig macrumors 68000


    Jul 23, 2012
    i did this with cmbp and the rmbp because i didn't know wich one i wanted better so i bought em on amazon because that's the easiest place to return to. no return fees if u say the product is defected wich they weren't and they also payed my return fees. so i first bought the rmbp and used it for a week but i was like is this screen really worth not being able to upgrade the hdd and ram so i returned it after a week then i bought the cmbp and saw how garbage the screen was it looked like a fisher price leap frog screen so i return that and now i have my retina wich was worth it. who cares about if other people dont get it they should of acted faster

Share This Page