Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nontroppo

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
saying 'pixel identical' is ridiculous

No it isn't, it is empirically provable:
attachment.php

The only argument you can make is that the display pixel edges on the retina MBP are more accurate, reducing the aberrational blur seen on low DPI displays and thus perceptually appearing more "pixellated", but the data sent to the display is pixel identical, and the display renders the same content more accurately.

Last edited:

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
Buyers remorse? Do I need the retina?

Well, of COURSE you do.. :D

Everyone NEEDS one.. Unless they don't.. and I really don't know you very well..

Honestly, I doubt anyone here does.. :rolleyes:

Buy It.. Use It.. Like It!! :apple:

0x000000

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2011
I heard that some people do use it for Photoshop and it is far less distastrous than they expected it to be. You can live well with it, they say.

But OP, please state your experiences once you've used it for a while. One of my largest problems with the rMBP is that browsers aren't pixel exact anymore. If I draw a 1px thick line, the retina will not display it as such or scale it to crisp 2px, it will smooth it. I imagine that to be really annoying and hard to work with.

Am I imagining things or how do you cope with stuff like that; as a web designer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.