Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstraktmind

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2013
I just bought a 9.7 iPad Pro last week and couldn't be happier. I upgraded from the original iPad Air , and its a great upgrade. Yes the new ones that may come out this spring will be upgraded internally, but I'm sure the Pros now will be "relevant" for quite some time. I'm just going wait a year+ when they update again .

A YEAR!?! Where do you guys work??? lol

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
The Pro 9.7" came out in March. As such, I doubt it would be refreshed in March 2017.

What that means is if you see a good sale on the Pro 9.7", you should think about getting it.

Next year, the rumors point to a Pro 10.5" being launched. The Pro 12.9" will probably be refreshed to TT and the camera updated to bring it in line with the 9.7". This will happen in March or Oct. I lean toward the latter.

Base your possible decisions on this...I am, anyway.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Just picked up a 9.7 256gb, lte, Apple Pencil, with keyboard on Craigslist for $600. You can find a lot of awesome deals with patience.

This goes along great with my surface book, especially in situations where I need to type out text messages or iMessages on a keyboard while needing to use windows. Also saves power on my SB when i need to do simple tasks.

Reactions: Mercaptan

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
Just picked up a 9.7 256gb, lte, Apple Pencil, with keyboard on Craigslist for $600. You can find a lot of awesome deals with patience.

This goes along great with my surface book, especially in situations where I need to type out text messages or iMessages on a keyboard while needing to use windows. Also saves power on my SB when i need to do simple tasks.

Nice find. Been trying to find a good deal on similar setup but CL here is weird. Pretty much same items listed over and over again at near retail prices. Lots of idiots to filter out

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Nice find. Been trying to find a good deal on similar setup but CL here is weird. Pretty much same items listed over and over again at near retail prices. Lots of idiots to filter out

Yeah they are weirdos everywhere so you have to be careful. Best place to always check is Swappa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.