Buying a MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boganrulz, May 23, 2010.

1. boganrulz macrumors member

boganrulz

As the title says etc.

My question is:

How can I make the most money out of selling my 2009 Mac Mini (2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram)? I've looked on eBay (I live in Australia), but the prices are all rather different. I plan on selling it with the keyboard and mouse (keeping the screen so i can plug it into the laptop).

I'm saving the rest but I really want the new computer :D so I want to know how much more I'll need to save.

I don't know if it's too much of a general question, but I thought that I might get a bit of an idea.

2. greemie macrumors member

The most money is never on eBay, those prices are all over the place. A private buyer in your area would be the best bet.

3. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Really? I've had very good luck on Ebay. Much wider audience and more competition.

4. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

more competition is right,
    which also means lower prices from other people.
    and also means, if someone doesn't get the price they want on yours, they have other ones to fall back on.

local buyer would be best. not only do they not have to enter their info into the computer to pay, they don't pay shipping, they don't have to wait, they don't have anyone (or many other) else people to go to instead. and they can look at what they're buying before they buy it.

craigslist is best, i think.

especially since you could get trades + cash too.
    when people trade stuff, they don't always compare or care about the value difference.

5. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

yeah i was about to say going on craigslist.com. its easier imo and makes your chances on selling it much easier.

6. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

In this case, the title doesn't say it all.... Just an FYI, for future search friendliness, better to have a descriptive title such as "help in selling Mac Mini".

7. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Same here. I've sold tons of gadgets, electronics and computers on eBay and came out on top. Could not say the same thing about Craigs List...I've had better luck with garage sales.

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

eBay has its ups and downs. If you sell something good nd there's not many others on eBay, people will bid and the price will get higher:D However, if there are tons of what your selling already on eBay, not many people will bid.

So don't sell on eBay if its packed with super-low priced Mac Minis:eek:

9. bluskale macrumors regular

10. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Craigslist is a lot like a garage sale. You get a lot of people bargain hunting and a lot of people who think their item is worth way more than it is (There are quite a few people with a sense of humor on craigslist).

And there are some items that you will get a lot more on Ebay than craigslist (I just sold an ipaq for slightly more than I was asking on craigslist. On craigslist they flagged me off... and all anyone could guess why cause I asked on the forum provided was that they thought the item was incredibly overpriced).