Buying an Apple Watch in NYC

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dvir971, Sep 25, 2015.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

Hello,
    My mom is in NYC for a short time, and she maybe wants to buy an Apple Watch...
    Obviously the Apple Store is not an option, with all those insufferable lines, so can anyone tell me of some place else I can buy an Apple Watch, in the standard price? I know stores like Target and Best Buy sell it but I have no idea where they are located, so info like that will be appreciated as well.
    Cheers!

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

There are no lines to buy an Apple watch. Walk into any Apple store and pick one up. If not, walk into any Best Buy store and pick one up.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Can't you just look up the location for BB or Target?

4. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

Wait a sec, he lines are just for the iPhones? Whoever wants to buy something else can just swoop in and buy it?

5. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

I don't know how to do these things very well :( I'll appreaciate an address from a New Yorker

6. zaxven macrumors member

well you should give 59th store a miss.. rest all other welcome walk-ins happily.

go for Chelsea 14th & 9 Ave or SoHo - 103 Prince St.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

yeah man. Just tell the person at the door that you're there for an Apple watch. They don't shut down the entire store for the iphone. Especially for a "S" version.

8. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

My apologies, I didn't notice your location at first... It sounded like you live in NY and mom was coming to visit!

Yep, if you aren't trying to buy a phone, you don't have to wait in the line.

9. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

New York is a big place. You might pass by 5 BestBuys and 3 Apple Stores, just to get to the one someone here recommends. Just go to google.com and type "Apple Store near (your address)"

So if your address were 123 main street, New York NY 10118, type this into Google:

Apple Store near 123 main street, New York NY 10118

If you can post on these forums, you can do this :)

10. DeclanTM macrumors newbie

DeclanTM

Bought an Apple Watch from Grand Central Station store yesterday. Was a 10 minute wait, iPhone line is separate.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Yes, iPhones are by appointment and only people with appointments are allowed into the store to buy an iPhone. All other operations seem to be working as usual. While I was in I even saw people buying :apple:Watches too.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

At Grand Central, they were selling iPhones to walk-ins. They had a separate line for people with reservations and the walk-ins.

13. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

You could go to Apple maps on your iPhone and look it up.. or ask Siri.