Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Hey guys,

I am planning to meet someone in a public place this evening to finish the transaction. The seller does not have the box or any accessories but promises it is in perfect condition.

Is there anything I should be concerned about? It has 4.0.2 firmware, and I was planning to unlock it for use on T-mobile when an unlock is released in the coming weeks (hopefully).

Thanks!

Sounds stolen to me.

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
im glad everything went smoothly for you.

But i would suggest next time, when you test ur phone, tell him that u wanna call his # and check the sound quality, speaker, and everything so that way you have his cell #. Most people use home phone payphone. or skype to communicate if they are doing shady work. Also test out the video camera and record him and while recording have a convo about the phone so you have him on recording stating phone is not stolen or anything.

Wow, now that's good advice!!!
If this guy "was not" legit, I would of have loved to see his reaction to all that.
That's brilliant Vick, particularly the camera angle. ( pun intended:p )

Vick84

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Wow, now that's good advice!!!
If this guy "was not" legit, I would of have loved to see his reaction to all that.
That's brilliant Vick, particularly the camera angle. ( pun intended:p )

:)
whenver i buy something from craigslist, i ask them to come to my hotel..and its full of cameras and audio recording so there is a proof incase they try to cheat me...but next time try the camera angle trick hahaha

az988

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
im glad everything went smoothly for you.

But i would suggest next time, when you test ur phone, tell him that u wanna call his # and check the sound quality, speaker, and everything so that way you have his cell #. Most people use home phone payphone. or skype to communicate if they are doing shady work. Also test out the video camera and record him and while recording have a convo about the phone so you have him on recording stating phone is not stolen or anything.

Thanks all!
Hahaha, the video camera recording is a brilliant idea. Wish I had thought of that!

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Well, that's not entirely true. At 4.0.2, the baseband is still unlockable, but the phone is not jailbreakable, so you are unable to install Ultrasn0w to unlock it.

The baseband is unlockable. He will just have to wait for a way to preserve the baseband and jailbreak.

You have failed to take my response in correct Context. It was in direct response to the statement that the DEV team is working on a JB for 4.1 but no UL. I was pointing out that by preserving the existing baseband the Op will be able to unlock it when the Shatter/greenpoison Jb is released. The Op could in fact upgrade to 4.1 with Tinyumbrella today and preserve the old baseband.

az988

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Did you get it activated yet?

How are you enjoying it, any regrets?

I use t-mobile, so it is basically an iPod touch at the moment. :p No regrets at all, everything looks great. I found it interesting that the seller included the original ATT micro-SIM... It says 'no service' anyway.

Hoping the jailbreak comes out soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.