buying at the store vs online

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by karilynn, Jul 24, 2012.

1. karilynn macrumors regular

karilynn

Is it better to purchase a rMPB through Apple's website or at the Apple store? I'm not sure what stock is like at the store. It's too late to call right now - will call my store tomorrow. I noticed online wait time is now 1-2 weeks.

Anyone buy theirs at a store? How it did it go?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Go in store and ask if they have it in stock. The only difference between online and in-store is the customization level of it given to you online.

Wanna wait, online. Right away, in-store.

3. karilynn thread starter macrumors regular

karilynn

Thanks! just wasn't sure if there was any issues with people not being able to find them in store, like when the iPhone 4 was released. I remember waiting foreverrrr just to be able to find one in stock at the store.

You might not know the answer to this, but do you (or anyone else) know if the education payment plan loan can be used in store? I was approved online. Does that limit me to being able to buy only online? I'm sure I can ask the apple store this question tomorrow, too.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

The education loan payment option is something you would rather ask Apple (or an employee at the store) rather than us. Apple will give you a more direct answer to that than anyone here.

5. karilynn thread starter macrumors regular

karilynn

thanks for your help! I will have to be patient for an evening :)