Buying from Apple.com...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iConnor, Oct 29, 2008.

1. iConnor macrumors member

If I order my MacBook from Apple.com and i upgrade the ram or hard drive and I have a problem with it how would I get it replaced?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If something should happen that is warranty worthy or Apple Care worthy (like Hard drive failing or Ram not working properly) you simply take it to the Apple Store, or call 1-800-MY-APPLE and explain to them your problem.

They will arrange setup to start the process which will fix your MacBook. If you call Apple you will be sent a box in which to send your MacBook to Apple Care and they will do necessary repairs and return via Fedex. If you choose to go to the Apple Store, first make an appointment online to meet a Genius, explain to him and he will setup repairs to it or need be replace it.

Which ever case you go, Apple's quality service will be there to assist you.

3. budkid macrumors regular

Correct...take it to a Apple store and they will help you out. If not, you would have to call.

4. iConnor thread starter macrumors member

What about something little like slanted keys or dead pixles?

5. CoreyMac macrumors regular

Im pretty sure any repairs, replacements = you having to ship your laptop to Apple. The store wont do it

6. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Nope. The Apple Store will repair or replace it even if you buy it from Apple.com.

7. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Buying from the online Apple store is the same as buying it at the retail store, except you get to configure it. They will give you the same treatment as you get in the Apple Store and of course they will fix it for you at the Apple Store. No matter where you buy it, you can always take it to the Genius Bar to fix it.