Buying iPhone 6S Plus tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Math889, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Math889 macrumors 65816

So ... after owning an iPhone SE for 9 months I will upgrade to an iPhone 6S Plus tomorrow ... 3D Touch , extra battery life , and a larger screeen . More importantly a headphone jack

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Congratulations, you'll be quite pleased. I honestly think my iPhone 6s Plus performed better than my 7 Plus does.

3. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

That's technically impossible ...

4. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Obviously it is "faster" spec wise, but the software still isn't quite there yet imo. Animations lag all the time and don't even get me started on the GPS issues. I don't know if it's an iOS 10 thing or what, but I was much more satisfied when I had my iPhone 6s Plus.

5. htc fan macrumors 6502

Thats ios10 related the hardware on the 7 plus wipes the 6s plus. I have the 7plus and it's smooth , haven't seen any hiccups yet.

6. Sunny1990, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Excellent post, Glad i didn't get iPhone 7 Plus this time, i am fully satisfied from my iPhone 6S Plus performance
    IMG_0907.JPG

7. Math889 thread starter macrumors 65816

I will choose the rose gold finish !!!!

8. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

I guess you can be glad you saved $100... or glad you don't make the plunge to by a new iPhone EVERY YEAR... but the notion that an iPhone 6S series is BETTER than the iPhone 7 series is a pipe dream.

If you had no phone right now, and given a choice between a FREE 6S or a FREE 7, you would choose the 7.

9. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I think in terms Of want somebody considers is better with the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7, is more so on what the user appreciates. But I agree that iPhone 7 is a more refined version over the 6s in speed, additional battery life and stereo speakers.

10. IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

Head over to the refurbished section which is where I bought my 6S Plus 64GB.

11. nordique, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017

nordique macrumors 6502a

OP, congrats. Good for you.

It's a fantastic phone and still one of the fastest phones you can get today.

I think the 6s is one of the smartest buys to make for anyone who plans on keeping their phone around for a while.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 28, 2017 ---
    But they're not free. And it's not a pipe dream - in real world, actual use performance, someone would be exaggerating to say the 6s is slow next to the 7

I mean, the 4s on iOS 9 is slow to the 7. And even then some apps it's only milliseconds to a few seconds slower desipte the very large gap in processing power.

Like, the 6s and it's A9 is way more power than anyone needs to open up apps. Nothing pushes the A9 to an unbearable limit, in either CPU or GPU tasks. The A10 is more powerful, yes, as the A11 will be this year even more powerful. But this isn't the era of 2009 anymore where mobile chips were leagues behind computers in terms of ability, or the few years after where massive advancements were made.
    Mobile chips in 2017 on consumer shelves are very capable chips and way beyond what we had mere years ago. The tech has grown so fast and it's quite incredible that we are ready to bring out 10nm processors now that can trade blows with computers in many ways - unthinkable about cell phones during the blackberry era.

Further, it's not all about power for every consumer. OP also mentioned headphone jack, and yeah it can be annoying to not have it. It's not a big deal, but certainly can be annoying at times. Some people do value having that vs using an adapter enough to sway their decision one way or the other. The 6s is still a high quality product. It's still very powerful and capable. It is still a fantastic buy.

OP is simply excited about getting a 6s plus. Good for them. Let them enjoy it.

12. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

As long as he doesn't mind the loss of the 3.5mm jack. Otherwise, a person might opt for the 6s instead.

Some feel that strongly about it...just sayin'.

13. Math889 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey guys! I am the OP .

So, I bought an iPhone 6S Plus Gold 32GB
    I am in love with this phone
    Touch ID is so fast!!!!!!!
    Câmera is really great
    Battery is excelent
    And I use 3D Touch a lot .
    Really happy with my purchase .
    Oh , and the screeen is gorgeous. A lot better compared tô the SE .