Buying my macbook today.....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Spellcaster, Jun 7, 2009.

  1. Spellcaster macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 21, 2009
    #1
    I'm going to best buy to buy my macbook today (using my uncle's employee discount), and I'm going to be so P'off if Apple ups the specs tomorrow. I need to buy it today (cuz my uncle's going to be off to Puerto Rico for two weeks on Tuesday, and I don't want to wait until he comes back). I'm crossing my fingers that I don't regret it :(.
     
  2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

    dukebound85

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Location:
    5045 feet above sea level
    #2
    cant wait 2 weeks?

    why would you be mad? you are buying the omputer with specs you know today...if you dont like it, dont buy it or wait
     
  3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

    xraydoc

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2005
    Location:
    192.168.1.1
    #3
    If you must purchase today, then do not regret it - since that is what you had to do and obviously you will have gotten a good deal. But I expect Apple will be bumping the specs; if not at WWDC, then very soon after.
     
  4. Spellcaster thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 21, 2009
    #4
    Leaving for SCSU for their summer program next week (I graduated on Friday).
     
  5. youssefm macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2008
    #5
    Just buy it, if you wait to get the latest best thing you won't have anything.
     
  6. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

    MistaBungle

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2005
    #6
    Best Buy employee pricing is better than Student pricing and free iPod?
     
  7. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

    pellets007

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    Location:
    New York
  8. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Location:
    Around
    #8
    At this point with WWDC tomorrow, I would wait.
     
  9. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

    zw-gator

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2005
    Location:
    Canada
    #9
    Buy it, but you have no right to complain if they're updated
     
  10. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

    opinioncircle

    Joined:
    May 17, 2009
    #10
    Yeah buy it now, and if there is a MAJOR change, you may be able to get a refund for it to purchase a new one...
     
  11. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Location:
    Around
    #11
    That is true, but I would only want to make one trip... but it would give me an excuse to go back to an Apple store (not that I need an excuse :p)
     
  12. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

    NC MacGuy

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2005
    Location:
    The good side of the grass.
    #12
    I'd at least wait until tomorrow aft. He's not leaving until Tuesday...
     
  13. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

    NewMacbookPlz

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    #13
    I wouldn't buy from BB or any other 3rd Party store right now, as they're liable to have a mixed stock of new/old LCD panels, but that's just me.
     
  14. ecaval macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2009
    #14
    They're possibly changing the specs tomorrow? I'm considering purchasing a MAC however, there are many good PC deals out right now. I'm just sick of all the junk/updates with PC's.

    I was looking at the 999 white mac...I just dont like that they decided to make the trackpad different than the rest. I don't see the point of paying $200+ for a different trackpad.
     
  15. Skydiver32 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2009
    #15
    I've been waiting for a month :eek:
    There better be an update

    So to the the OP, buy it today, just don't open it, and see what the return policy is for the BB and try to return it when it becomes available.

    If you buy 1 day before the WWDC, you have no right to be pissed off! Buy it today, regret tomorrow.

    Like someone said, is the employee discount better than free Ipod, free printer and guarantee you'll have the most updated hardware?

    WWDC only hours away.

    Update tomorrow!, Update tomorrowUpdate tomorrow!Update tomorrow! tomorrow!Update tomorrowUpdate tomorrowUpdate tomorrowUpdate tomorrow!
     
  16. veo321 macrumors regular

    veo321

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    #16
    patience

    JUST WAIT....if they still dont have it out before Tuesday cop. with it and W-A-I-T! :D
     
  17. ecaval macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2009
    #17
    as per my last post:

    WHAT HAPPENS MONDAY!? lol
     
  18. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

    RiCEADDiCTBOY

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2007
    #18
    i beg to differ. the trackpad is WAY worth the $200 expense. i wouldn't bother with any laptop now without one or better.
     
  19. iomatic macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2004
    #19
    DO NOT BUY NOW!


    Even if nothing were to happen, then you've waited long enough. If you're regretting the purchase if they change the specs a few days or weeks later, then you probably should reassess your priorities.
     
  20. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2009
    #20
    and the better screen and ddr3 memory
     
  21. ecaval macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2009
    #21
    uhmmmmm... WHAT HAPPENS MONDAY? Is there a secret round table discussion on how MAC intends to take over the world with new specs?

    Seriously, I've noticed several people say wait for WWIII or whatever it is they're talking about.... which happens to be this Monday?
     
  22. DSG macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #22
    Pretty safe assumption that there won't be any MacBook hardware changes tomorrow. However, if Snow Leopard is given a release date (likely) then it is also likely that Macs purchased from tomorrow will be entitled to a free upgrade when it is released. Pretty big saving in return for just 24hrs patience...
     
  23. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2009
    #23
    ... And the aluminum unibody design. (Surely that means something to people)
     
  24. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

    RiCEADDiCTBOY

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2007
    #24
    i am still willing to bet all my hard earned monoply money that anyone waiting for a unibody speedbump change won't occur till august/late summer time frame. any actual hardware changes won't occur till early 2010. just makes logical sense.
     
  25. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    #25
    So how do you explain the surprise speed bump on the macbook white recently?

    So much for "logic", eh?
     

Share This Page