Bye For Now

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by evilbastard, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilbastard macrumors member

Well it's been two years with my IPhone 3GS, and time for an upgrade. Have a Motorola Atrix on it's way. Time to check out the Android world. I have gotten some great tips and techniques from this site and want to say thanks.

We'll see what happens in two years when time to upgrade again.

<EricTheMidgetVoice>Bye For Now</EricTheMidgetVoice>

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

See you back soon.

Seriously though, give us your first impressions on Android. I'd love to hear about the Atrix in comparison to the 3GS since I, myself have a 3GS too.

3. wpotere Guest

Been thinking of replacing my 3G with one as well. Let us know what you think. :)

4. evilbastard thread starter macrumors member

Will do, phone arrives Monday, will post first impressions when I get it.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Do you have too? just go enjoy your new phone. If you don't like it sell it and try something else or come back. here is a new forum for you to hang out http://www.atrixforums.net/ btw this thread wasn't even posted in the right section. :rolleyes:

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Cool! Post a pic if you can ;):D

7. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Cool man. I really wanna try android too just to see the hype. preferable the stock build though

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As far as the 'I'm leaving' threads, this one is horrible. Proper protocol mandates that you make snide comments about the lack of features in iOS and why it's dying as Android will rule the world. It's also good form if you make the requisite comment about Apple fan boys.

See ya soon. :D

9. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

Yeah, see you back soon ;) lol

Weel, if you have the time and patient, tell us about the pros and cons about your change! I'm really interested too!

Cheers!!!

10. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

Mine is being delivered tomorrow as well. As for iOS vs. Android I've bounced between the two for the past year and each has benefits. iOS definitely has an edge in Apps and games but that is slowly changing. Otherwise, it's just down to personal preference. Obviously you have a little more choice in regards to hardware when it comes to Android which I like. I don't really see why it bothers anyone. I find it interesting to see what everyone has to say about their experiences with different platforms.

11. evilbastard thread starter macrumors member

I have had my Atrix for a few weeks now, and I must say that I am really pleased with my decision. I love the full customization options I have and it's a lot easier to manage my media (Not having to use ITunes, that was my biggest gripe being tied down to Windows).

It took me a bit to get the Keyboard setup to work as good as on the IPhone. I was able to root the phone pretty easily, and enabled free WiFi tethering without having to use additional software.

The camera is nice, and the 720p video is a nice addition. Only gripe I have right now is that it's not as easy to share videos, without having to reset quality before you shoot.

Other than that, I think I am on Android for now, and unless Apple opens up the media management (So I can drag and drop on a Linux box), don't think I will be back soon.

12. evilbastard thread starter macrumors member

Just got my second Android, the Galaxy S3. Love the screen size, and the customization options. Was really surprised that Apple didn't really break out with the IPhone 5. Just a minor upgrade in screen and software.

I understand that Apple provides a nice ecosystem for their phones/computers/ipods, etc. But I like my computing devices to be mine, and want to customize them to my hearts content.

http://yfrog.com/oe7poop

13. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Thanks for letting us all know. Could you please check back often and let us know what other life choices you choose to make, we will be waiting for the updates! Maybe you can do it on your new android phone!

14. evilbastard thread starter macrumors member

Just finished playing through Killer is Dead, and working on Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Anxiously awaiting GTA5 release.

(Not sent from my S3, but my Dell laptop running Fedora 18.)

15. evilbastard thread starter macrumors member

Currently have a Galaxy S4, Google Edition. Rooted and have Cyanogenmod M11 installed. I love that I am not tied to a Carrier or Mfg. for updates to my phone.

Just finished Dark Souls 2, and now working on Watch Dogs on XBOX One.

16. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

sar·casm [sahr-kaz-uhm]
    noun
    1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.
    2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

dictionary.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.