bypassing unglued time limit

nika7856

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2017
My dad thinks I spend a lot of time on my phone but I don't, so he used this app unglued to control how many minutes I'm on there for so I am allowed to be on my phone for 1 hour a day which sucks so by any chance if u guys know how to still be on my phone when time runs out, can you pleaseee tell me, thanks.

steve23094

macrumors 68030
Apr 23, 2013
When you get a job and pay for your own phone, phone bill, food, entertainment, clothes, electric, internet, and house I guess you can choose how many minutes you want to talk on your phone each day. Something to look forward to. Yay!

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I know you do not want to hear this but

You Dad is doing this for your own good.

Instead of trying to defeat the app, why not work hard and get the best grades and be more responsible and your Dad might loosen up on the time. I do consider social media a waste of your life and deleted my accounts over a year ago and never looked back.

Growing up can seem like hell but being a grown up has it own problems too

Last edited:

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I suspect nobody on here is going to give you the answer you're looking for. You kids don't know how lucky you are. Back in my day we black and white bricks for a phone, and you didn't want to be on them for longer than an hour because there was better stuff to do outside.

1 hour does seem a bit stingy though, but I'd start by having a conversation with him. Or coming up with some sort of agreement you can both be happy with, so that he might remove the app. He's only trying to make you see the world around you and stop you from living life through a smartphone screen. A struggle I'm sure many parents are having these days.

Social media is such a pain in your life that there's really no point dedicating any time to it. All it does it upset people and cause argument, especially when you're at schooling age.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
To answer your question directly, I'd imagine if you purchased a cheapie iPhone, like a 4 or a 4S and set it up with the same account information you could then use that iDevice to circumvent the time limit placed on your primary iPhone.

ericwn

macrumors 601
Apr 24, 2016
Instead of trying to get around your parents' wishes you should try to understand their motives. Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
My dad thinks I spend a lot of time on my phone but I don't, so he used this app unglued to control how many minutes I'm on there for so I am allowed to be on my phone for 1 hour a day which sucks so by any chance if u guys know how to still be on my phone when time runs out, can you pleaseee tell me, thanks.
It sounds like your dad is a bit of a control freak. He probably doesn't respect or support your independence in many other ways besides this. I'm sorry, I know what that's like, and unfortunately many people are complete narcissistic morons when it comes to raising children, as you see from the responses you've gotten here so far.

Regarding your app problem, I don't have an answer, other than trying to hack his parental password/code. When you treat someone like a criminal, you shouldn't be surprised when they then start to act like one.

qquadoq

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2018
United States
I know everyone is talking about how you should be grateful, but I have an actual solution. Turn off VPN in the settings. Make sure that VPN is also turned off of demand (which on an iPhone you can do by selecting the “i” in a circle next to “unGlue VPN”), otherwise it will just keep turning back on. Hope this helps.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I know everyone is talking about how you should be grateful, but I have an actual solution. Turn off VPN in the settings. Make sure that VPN is also turned off of demand (which on an iPhone you can do by selecting the “i” in a circle next to “unGlue VPN”), otherwise it will just keep turning back on. Hope this helps.
Congratulations new member. Your first and only post is in response to a "member" that only made one post, almost a year ago, and hasn't been heard from since.

ParentByGrace

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2018
Unglued isn’t a controlling device but one of the only systems that lets the kids earn more time, manage their time, even roll over time they haven’t used.
I think, if your dad was willing to choose this device over all the others that he’s probably willing to negotiate with you and talk about what YOU can do to increase your time. Try it. Can’t hurt to ask. My best to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.