bypassing unglued time limit

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nika7856, May 3, 2017.

1. nika7856 macrumors newbie

My dad thinks I spend a lot of time on my phone but I don't, so he used this app unglued to control how many minutes I'm on there for so I am allowed to be on my phone for 1 hour a day which sucks so by any chance if u guys know how to still be on my phone when time runs out, can you pleaseee tell me, thanks.

2. Givmeabrek, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017

Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I recommend talking to your father about it rather than getting yourself into even more trouble. One hour should be enough unless you can explain to him the benefits of using the phone more.

3. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Be happy you have a phone at all, and maybe help your dad with something around the house to earn some more time. I didn't get my first phone until 17, and only because I got a job. And it was a flip phone.

4. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

When you get a job and pay for your own phone, phone bill, food, entertainment, clothes, electric, internet, and house I guess you can choose how many minutes you want to talk on your phone each day. Something to look forward to. Yay!

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

You could also ace all your courses in school to prove that you have earned it.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

When I was 17, I had to send messages by courier pterodactyl.

7. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

This made my night

8. Newtons Apple, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I know you do not want to hear this but

You Dad is doing this for your own good.

Instead of trying to defeat the app, why not work hard and get the best grades and be more responsible and your Dad might loosen up on the time. I do consider social media a waste of your life and deleted my accounts over a year ago and never looked back.

Growing up can seem like hell but being a grown up has it own problems too

9. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

I suspect nobody on here is going to give you the answer you're looking for. You kids don't know how lucky you are. Back in my day we black and white bricks for a phone, and you didn't want to be on them for longer than an hour because there was better stuff to do outside.

1 hour does seem a bit stingy though, but I'd start by having a conversation with him. Or coming up with some sort of agreement you can both be happy with, so that he might remove the app. He's only trying to make you see the world around you and stop you from living life through a smartphone screen. A struggle I'm sure many parents are having these days.

Social media is such a pain in your life that there's really no point dedicating any time to it. All it does it upset people and cause argument, especially when you're at schooling age.

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

To answer your question directly, I'd imagine if you purchased a cheapie iPhone, like a 4 or a 4S and set it up with the same account information you could then use that iDevice to circumvent the time limit placed on your primary iPhone.

11. noobinator macrumors 601

12. G.McGilli macrumors regular

Anyone have a link to this app?

I can't find it in the App store or using Google...

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

unGlue: Parental Control & Screen Time Manager by unGlue Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/ok3sdb.i
    IMG_8786.PNG

14. G.McGilli macrumors regular

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The reviews are NOT stellar.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can bypass all that by getting a job and supporting yourself on your own.
    Hurry up now and stop listening to your parents. You already know everything.

17. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Anything you do, your dad will find out. Not worth it. Talk faster.

18. ericwn macrumors 65816

Instead of trying to get around your parents' wishes you should try to understand their motives. Just my opinion of course.

19. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

It sounds like your dad is a bit of a control freak. He probably doesn't respect or support your independence in many other ways besides this. I'm sorry, I know what that's like, and unfortunately many people are complete narcissistic morons when it comes to raising children, as you see from the responses you've gotten here so far.

Regarding your app problem, I don't have an answer, other than trying to hack his parental password/code. When you treat someone like a criminal, you shouldn't be surprised when they then start to act like one.

20. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Mine had to be carried by Amoeba. And it was uphill both ways with whiteout blizzard conditions. Not that the Amoeba had eyes anyway.

21. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Should've stopped when you had this thought.