Call me crazy but I bought an iPhone 4 a week ago

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wadawow, Aug 1, 2011.

1. wadawow macrumors member

and have no regrets... I was on android and just not happy... I know the new iPhone 5 is coming but I love my iPhone 4. I will be up for another renewal on our line next April and will upgrade then if it's that fabulous... I'm just happy to finally have the iPHone I've wanted for years :)

2. LoganT macrumors 68020

That's cool. Though, it will be interesting to see how you feel when the iPhone 5 actually comes out.

3. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

yeah you mind will change once iphone 5 comes out. I got my phone in Feb from Verizon feel jelly knowing the next iphone may have a bigger screen, but i'm happy with my iphone 4 until a LTE iphone comes out.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

6. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I got one three weeks ago cause my phone died. I have been waiting since Jan but based on what happen couldn't wait any longer so I just upgraded. However I personally really wish I could have waited. However seeing as we still have NO idea at all when this could come out I might not end up working out today bad for you.

Worst case no iPhone is amazing and you sell the 4 and pay full retail. Not like your without options if you have the cash.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Not crazy at all. Its an amazing phone. Just because something newer comes out doesn't make it any less amazing.

8. Jamesd123 macrumors member

I got my Iphone 4 on Friday which was a free upgrade from my 3GS.

I am not too worried about the iphone 5, I am happy with my 4

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

iPhone 4 is a solid phone, you will be happy. If you end up getting envious of the new phone's capabilities, you can always sell yours and go buy the next iPhone off contract.

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yeah, it's only crazy depending on your situation. I'm about to do the same thing, but get the 5 when it comes out as well.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I think it's pretty crazy to upgrade a perfectly functioning $600 phone every year, but that's just me. enjoy the new phone, I'm pretty sure you will.

12. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I purchased an iPhone 4 just 2 months ago after my original iPhone gave me some problems. I don't regret it.

It's a solid device that does exactly what I need.

13. schaffinosx macrumors member

I used to be one of the people who would refuse to buy something if I knew something newer would be coming out soon. Then, I got my Early '08 iMac for Christmas in 2008. At the time that was, of course, the newer iMac available. Now, the model is 3 years old and still running fantastically.

Sure, when new iMac models were unveiled, I had the natural desire to upgrade and get the better hardware. Nonetheless, I'm still enjoying my 3 year old computer, and it's running great.

I myself purchased my iPhone 4 in March of this year, and am bound by a two year contract. Yeah, I might be a little outdated when the iPhone 5 drops by, but at the end of the day a good phone is a good phone. Besides, in two years time, there will most likely be something superior to the iPhone 5 on the market.

14. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

15. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Opps. I thought there is something inside my screen for a sec. You got me :D

OP: Anyway, cool story bro!!

16. Prospekt macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I bought my iPhone 4 about a week ago. Had to get rid of my droid2. Haven't regretted it at all

17. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Personally I'd wait... but I know alot of people who are weak and crack under the pressure ;)

18. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I bought mine almost a month ago, with full knowledge one was coming soon. I've always been one to say wait unless you need a phone.

I needed a new phone, so I lept. I've been pleased, it does what I need and will last me a good while. Heck, I came from a Palm Treo 755p without data, this was a HUGE leap.

I figure if I'm upset when the 5 comes out i will buy out of pocket. Otherwise, I will wait for 6.

19. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I don't think you are crazy. If you want to switch, then switch. The Iphone 4 is such a nice phone you will be happy with it for a long time to come. Congrats on the Iphone.

20. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

congrats OP, once iOS 5 is released you will be good to go until your next upgrade! i bought my iphone 4 in february and plan on skipping the iphone 5 this fall.

21. austriak macrumors regular

I don't think it is crazy at all. A bunch of people are holding off upgrading for an iPhone 5 that will probably have very minor updates and no LTE. This just puts you in good position for iPhone 6, the phone that will probably have the features truly worth upgrading for.

22. LoganT macrumors 68020

Or the iPhone 5 will be the major upgrade, and the iPhone 6 will be minor.

23. Reach9, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

A facepalm is the only comment i can make to people like you. Very solid rumors are pointing to...

1) A5 Dual Core processor
    2) Better camera
    3) Bigger screen
    4) Better antenna
    5) Redesign external hardware

Also, nobody knows when the iPhone 6 will be coming out. You'll be waiting for people with iPhone 5s for the iPhone 6, but instead you'll have an iPhone 4. Why pay such a high price for a device that is over a year old?

Sounds like you're going through buyers remorse.

Wouldn't it be funny if the only new thing (hardware wise) the iPhone 6 had was LTE? Apple has done this with the iPhone 3G before, so it's a possibility.

Congrats on your purchase! Glad you enjoy it! :)

Not sure i would do the same if i was in your shoes. If i was waiting for an iPhone for years i could wait a couple months for the best iPhone yet.

24. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

the iphone 5 will not have LTE, i think that is what most people would consider major, not a few more pixels on the rear camera. in all likely hood the 5 will be fairly minor according to rumors and analysts. but hey if the 5 is a major update ill seriously consider buying it