CALM DOWN, re assuredness. refresh could go either way, soon or delayed.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lifeguard90, Jan 31, 2011.

1. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, the refresh could still happen, supplies and shipping times still decreasing/ increasing respectively. This intel news is not great, however I chatted with intel tech support and feel somewhat confident, or at least not given up all hope.

Me- What chipsets have been affected, mobile, desktop..?
    Diego: At this moment the issue has been only reported to the Intel(R) 6 series controllers, there is no official list of what specific chipsets or computers are affected
    Me-: what products take in the intel R 6 series?
    Me-: i am still unclear about what you mean regarding mobile(huron river) vs desktop delays
    Diego: I did not refer to the issue as being reported on the mobile series, I apologize for the confusion
    Diego: As to the desktop controllers, there is not a list of what is affected or not. We will need to wait for the results on the investigation
    Diego: There is no ETA yet but we are working as fast as possible and definitely the info on any update will be posted in the press room at the Intel website.
    Diego: If you own a wholesale computer like a DELL or Apple system you can check with the Original Equipment Manufacturer directly
    Me-: Great, ok thanks for your help. To sum up, the understanding now is that mobile sets are ok, while desktop sets are the victims
    Diego: Correct

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Bwaaa. I'm sure the CS rep is much, much more knowledgeable than most CS reps. :rolleyes:

3. iamnotanumber macrumors newbie

According to a comment on Cnets story about this. Someone with a new HP phoned up their CS and got a similar answer.