Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Hello guys. I know there are a lot of threads like this already but I didn't want to hijack anyone elses thread.

So a little background. I am a recent college graduate now attending grad school. I am a communications student with a concentration in production. I currently have a Canon HF20 consumer HD camcorder. The thing I don't like about it is that it is small and doesn't have the pro hook-ups. I am looking for a more professional camcorder to beef up my resume. I shoot sports games and cut highlights and would like to make a few short pieces (short documentary type projects) just for my portfolio. Just looking for a solid entry level professional camcorder.

My price range is around 1,500. I am looking for something similar to a Canon XA10.

musique

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
This newer link has some recommendations:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1138639/

You might also add:

Sony
  • HVRHD1000U (Shoulder mount)
  • HXRMC50U
  • HDR-FX7

Panasonic
  • AG-HMC40
  • AG-HMC150

You might also check some of the other forums dedicated to people producing pro and semi-pro video (dvxinfo.net, dvxuser.com, hv20.com, et al.). Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.