Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Does anyone know if it would be possible to connect a 3G dongle to the iPad using the camera kit and then use it to browse the web on the go?

Tebailey

macrumors regular
May 28, 2010
Does anyone know if it would be possible to connect a 3G dongle to the iPad using the camera kit and then use it to browse the web on the go?

I would very much doubt you could get that to work... Why not just cut the SIM from the dongle to micro SIM size and get a 3G?

Your proposed set up would ruin the lines and wire free 'ness of the iPad

Tom

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
I would very much doubt you could get that to work... Why not just cut the SIM from the dongle to micro SIM size and get a 3G?

Your proposed set up would ruin the lines and wire free 'ness of the iPad

Tom

Because I didn't think of that when I bought my iPad so I've only got the wifi version lol, it's no biggy anyway, I don't NEED a 3G connection, it just might have been useful someday if I could have done what I suggested

tico24

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Eastleigh, UK
Can't see it working myself - every 3g dongle I've ever used has needed to install software onto the computer before connecting.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
I suppose I could tether my iPad to my netbook and get 3G Internet access like that?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010

Of course not. Do you really think Apple is that stupid? They made the ipad, they made the camera connector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.