iPhone 11 Pro Camera lens clicking

Superrenz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Wiesbaden, Germany
If you shake the 11Pro in a quiet room you can hear a slight clicking noise near the lenses. Is this the same as in all the other IPhones - is it the autofocus? Thx for your expertise.

Superrenz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Wiesbaden, Germany
Ok double checked it: If you shake it in a very quiet environment over the x-axis you can hear a very light rattle that sounds like the typical iPhone lens rattle ever since the iPhone 4.

Waterman316

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2018
Ok double checked it: If you shake it in a very quiet environment over the x-axis you can hear a very light rattle that sounds like the typical iPhone lens rattle ever since the iPhone 4.
I’m not the most technical person in the world so if I get some terms wrong here forgive me...
It’s perfectly normal. It’s the stabilization thingy for the camera.

Reactions: Superrenz

Scream And Fly

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2017
Florida and New York, USA
This reminds me of the person that was worried that his phone was microscopically bent and how it could have happened, so he went to the Apple store and tried (and succeeded in) bending a number of the store display phones, then handily reported his results here, photos and all.

Good grief.

Reactions: alpi123

Superrenz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Wiesbaden, Germany
This reminds me of the person that was worried that his phone was microscopically bent and how it could have happened, so he went to the Apple store and tried (and succeeded in) bending a number of the store display phones, then handily reported his results here, photos and all.

Good grief.
Ur kidding!!! I hope ...