camera roll issues

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by paulold, Oct 27, 2014.

1. paulold macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if this is an IOS8 issue or an app issue. But when I use Facebook or FB's Messenger apps and want to attach a photo, it opens my Camera Roll. But what I get is all of the videos I've ever taken listed first and then my photos. So I have to scroll past all my videos to get to my most recently taken photo. If I use Apple's Messages app and go to add a photo, it asks me if I want to grab something from my Photo Library or take a picture or video. If I choose Photo Library, I can see all my folders, my videos are separate, my Camera Roll appears like I expect it. So it works fine with Messages, but not with FB or Messenger. Is this a bug or is there something I can do to fix this?

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I've noticed it too, but only in FB apps, so I'm guessing it's a FB issue. Haven't had a look at settings yet to see if there is anything that can be done about it.

3. wibadger macrumors newbie

Agreed - FB only. I could scroll through them quickly if the app wasn't insistent on loading them so that they can begin to play in the thumbnail view. I looked through the in-app and Settings menu settings and didn't see an obvious solution.