Camping out for my 4S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TomMaxwell, Oct 12, 2011.

1. TomMaxwell macrumors newbie

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Cool, I'm camping too
    [​IMG]

Just kidding, lol
    Have fun. :) I personally would not be able to make it through a whole day just sitting there.

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

You're there early! I camped out for the 3G S, 4, and both iPads but unfortunately due to school it wasn't really an option this year, so I just ordered online.

Not to mention, my iPhone 4 experience was horrible. I got in line at around 5pm on the day before launch, and didn't leave until about 2:30pm the next day. All due to Apple's reserve/non-reserve fiasco.

4. futch macrumors 6502

futch

5. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Damn guys that's crazy , you'll be on the.news tomorrow ha ha, anyways good luck I just wait for mine in the mail :p

6. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I did for the 3G and 4... I was going to for the 4s but plans fell apart when I slept through the day and forgot the date :eek:.. Probably will for the 5 or 6 or what ever they call the next one.

7. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I've got mine coming via UPS but I've got a few friends who are camping out. I'm going to go over there about 4am Friday morning just to hang out for a little while. It should be fun.

8. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

Jesus you're early. And here I sit at home, gonna wait till 2-4 hours before store opening. Must be a crowded ass area.

9. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I'll probably go at 4 - 5 a.m. on thursday to make sure I get one. Hopefully there isn't a line already.

5 hours ain't so bad since I can do school work in the meantime while I am there...

Gotta get some pepper spray though in case someone tries to cut in line ahead of me ;)

10. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

Im planning to get there at 4:30 as well, which model are you hoping to get?
    I dont think i can be bothered to do school work at that time, good luck ;)

11. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I'm bringing my knife in case someone mistakes themselves for being in Philly

12. X3NIA macrumors member

There will be. From what I've experienced from early releases (mainly video games and other products, working at Best Buy for a while) is that people will come out EXCESSIVE amounts of time before the release time / date.

When Black Ops came out we had people in line at 5PM for a midnight release... Black Friday line (which amounted to over 400 people in the end) started at 3PM... the day before.

13. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Found one guys I made a thread as well to see who has pics of campers

[​IMG]

14. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Good luck! You guys are bigger fans than I am. There is simply no gadget on earth I have seen yet that would make me camp out overnight to get. I just ordered mine online and have to "suffer" through waiting until UPS delivers it to me.

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Good luck to ALL!!! Did the campout thing in 2007, 2008 and 2009; but no more...:eek::cool:

16. unheardthreat macrumors newbie

Its 12:50 right now and I just decided to drive around to the local AT&T stores and I went to 4 different ones and NO ONE is in line. Feel kinda lame but already got permission from the wife so I'm just gonna hang out in the car and play with my iPhone 4 one last night

17. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

A+ for the effort. Like richpjr, I don't have the courage to do such. I pre-ordered though there are a few cell stores within my neighborhood.