Can a MBA ship sooner than expected? [UK delivery]

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by r6mile, Jun 20, 2013.

1. r6mile, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013

r6mile macrumors 6502

I ordered a 13" MBA on Monday evening, BTO with 8GB of RAM. It initially said: expected delivery 25-27 of June. This was important because on the 28th morning I'm going on holiday and was quite keen to take the MBA with me.

This evening (3 business days later) I've received notification that it's been dispatched, but the delivery date now shows as 28 June, which is not great. Is there any chance that the item will deliver sooner than expected? As in, has that happened to anyone?

Thanks,

2. pumazooma macrumors member

pumazooma

Several seem to have got them a day or so early.

I ordered mine on Monday afternoon (BTO as well) and it's also listed as being in Shanghai tonight. I would think it'll be in the UK by sunday and out for delivery monday or tuesday.

3. falconeight Guest

falconeight

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I ordered mine right after WWDC, a BTO that was scheduled to ship to store on June 20 (today). It arrived Monday, three days early.

It's possible on a shipment arriving early, but I wouldn't expect or depend on it.

5. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Not altogether true. Mine shipped UPS, and on the day it left Shanghai UPS predicted delivery one day before the earliest delivery date of Apple's range. Once it arrived in the United States (Alaska) UPS updated the delivery date to one day earlier than their own original estimate. It arrived on a Friday instead of the following Monday :) Apple's estimate was Tuesday to Thursday. And that was the free standard shipping.

6. r6mile thread starter macrumors 6502

Quite likely that our MBA's are on the same plane then. Mine says "shipment dispatched - Shanghai, CN".
    I think mine may deliver later because I ordered a Magsafe adapter, so they've got to merge in transit and whatnot. If I'd known, I would have ordered the adapter from Amazon or something.

Does anybody know how track Apple deliveries to the UK? All I have is a Reference Number.

7. tortex macrumors member

Exactly the same as me, but I ordered Sunday. Same thing though with Magsafe Merge in Transit. My estimated delivery is the 25th-27th.

8. pumazooma macrumors member

pumazooma

Yep almost certainly on the same pallet :)

If you click the blue 'track shipment' button in your dispatch email from apple, then click track delivery and you'll find an 18-20 digit tracking number.
    This is for UPS.

Go to their homepage (or iphone app) and put it in to the box on the top left. It gives you full tracking info to follow your delivery.

So far it's done this, so it's probably at their departure warehouse at the airport waiting to go to either Hong Kong or Europe next.

Shanghai, China 21/06/2013 0:15 Arrival Scan
    Shanghai, China 20/06/2013 23:15 Departure Scan
    20/06/2013 19:40 Origin Scan
    China 20/06/2013 7:20 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Then when it gets to London it'll go to the main UPS distribution, then your nearest local one and then be out for delivery. Should be one day to get to each of the UK places. Sometimes you get lucky with times and it goes straight from arrival at one and off to delivery at the next depot.

At a guess, arrival in London by sunday, UK distribution warehouse monday, local on tuesday, out for delivery wednesday. I hope :)

9. JupiterTwo macrumors 6502

JupiterTwo

Yep, my 11/i5/8/256 is prolly on the same pallet. Same details, scheduled for EoD Wednesday 26th.

All my other accessories arriving is really teasing me :D

10. tortex macrumors member

Mine now says it's in London, says In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule.

11. smashie macrumors regular

Ordered my i7/8gb/512 last Friday and estimated delivery was the 24th to 26th. When it despatched it said 21st (today) and it actually arrived yesterday :D Delivered to the UK by UPS

12. tortex macrumors member

Not sure how it can be in transit to me, but also still on schedule, when it's not supposed to arrive until next week? :)

13. Collider macrumors regular

Do you have a tracking number or a carrier listed yet? Mine is in the same situation as yours: I have an ETA of the 28th, but have had a status of 'In Transit to Customer, Shipment on Schedule' for the last two days -- in Luxembourg, apparently! -- and no tracking number or carrier.

I'm assuming it's taking its time because I have other items still waiting to be merged, hence the late delivery estimate and lack of any progress or information.

14. tortex macrumors member

No tracking number. Mine shows as being in London, reckon it'll arrive at the couriers Monday for delivery Tuesday.

15. r6mile thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't seem to have a tracking number, only a Reference number. Could that have something to do with me having ordered two items?

Funny thing too, at the top it says Delivery 25-27th June, but just below it says Est. Delivery 28th June. I really hope the former is right :)

Attached Files:

16. Hackney macrumors newbie

I think this is pretty common, I have the same on mine, says it's in London, in transit to customer, but estimated delivery is set for the 26th. I've read somewhere that it's not uncommon to not actually have the tracking number updated at all, and then one day it just turns up, as if by magic!! I'm still hoping for a knock on my door later this afternoon!!!!! :D

17. pumazooma macrumors member

pumazooma

Yeah either it's late being assigned to your order or it'll be added when the items are merged.

I'm happy to post updates on the progress of mine which should give you an idea of where yours is :)
    The next one should be sometime over the weekend when it lands in the UK.

18. r6mile thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. As you can see mine does show location, I was just hoping for something slightly more detailed.

Man, Apple is just a bloody waiting game. First, wait for the new MBA to come out. Then, wait for the Back to School promotion to begin (which in the end I couldn't any longer, and I now think is not even happening). Now, wait for the stupid thing to arrive!!

19. tortex macrumors member

It'll be next week I reckon, Monday or Tuesday. Seems we all have stuff on the same crate :)

20. pumazooma macrumors member

pumazooma

Shanghai, China 21/06/2013 21:39 Export Scan

That means it's not far off getting on a plane :)

21. Collider macrumors regular

"Delivery scheduled by final carrier, see estimated delivery date."

Still says the 28th, but at least I've got a tracking number now. :D

22. itsaustinh macrumors member

I ordered mine on June 10th and had it on the 14th. Apple said it should arrive from the 18th - 20th but UPS' tracking page said it would be delivered on Friday. Once you get your shipping information, I'd just trust what the carrier is saying.

23. SoundChaos, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

SoundChaos macrumors member

I custom ordered my 13" with 1.7ghz/8gb/128gb on June 16th, i called back same day explaining I will be on vacation on June 26th, they upgraded me to free expidited shipping, apple said 1-3 days to configure still, with expected delivery 21-25th, fedex email came and said 24th, and it got here today on the 21st!
    (This is from Shanghai China to Idaho USA btw)

24. r6mile thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice! I certainly hope something like that happens to me, I will be gutted if it arrives too late for me to take it on holiday.

For some reason, they only offer Standard Shipping to the UK.

25. Hackney macrumors newbie

Latest update, as of this morning:

Preparing handover to final carrier

Location, London, UK

Est. delivery: 26th June

Still no tracking number.

Do they deliver on Saturdays? I seem to think not but may be wrong...