Can anyone help a case-hater find a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphonenub, Nov 4, 2011.

1. iphonenub macrumors regular

Ok, my problem is I hate cases. They either add too much bulk, don't protect anything, collect lint, or are ugly. Oh, and I hate screen protectors even more so don't suggest those.

For those reasons I always end up using my devices naked but I really want something for my phone. Is anyone else like me and able to find a case that they can live with? Can anyone recommend a case that doesn't have most of the cons listed above?

2. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

I'd recommend a bumper, the caze thinedge and graft leverage are good at $10-15 and $60, respectively.

3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I hate cases as well, too bulky in most situations. I ended up with the Magpul Executive Field Case. I love that it's really thin but that it still have a slight raised edge to protect the front when laying it down.

4. silent1643 macrumors member

i came here to say this..
    best case i have purchased in some time - and its cheap
    color choices are limited but great case

5. solo118 macrumors 65816

i really like the incipio feather, but it flakes off easily (if you buy matte black)

Its a very sleek case, and they have a great warranty policy in case your case breaks

6. iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

Good suggestions everyone. I'm looking at them all but none pop out at me. I'm leaning toward a bumper though.

7. Mr. G macrumors member

I prefer my phone naked as well but I DO suggest a screenprotector. I hated screenprotectors as well but discovered it's because whatever cheap one's you get from the Verizon store or for free with case purchases are crazp. I got a matte finish PowerSupport and feel it increases the performance of the phone, especially if you do a good amount of gaming on it.

8. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

sgp neo hybrid

sgpstore.com

You will forget the case is on the phone after 5 min. I get complements everywhere and so many people go out and buy them after they see mine.

9. iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

Which one do you use? There are a lot of variations.

Also, is the speck pixelskin hd thin?

10. boraxatude, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

boraxatude macrumors member

11. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

My two favorite slim cases are the Magpul Executive field case and the SGP Neo Hybrid Matte, just enough protection and not very bulky at all. For $10 the Magpul is great, my #1 favorite case right now.

12. silent1643 macrumors member

these bumpers are really nice and appeal to myself - might actually be my next purchase once i get tired of the magpul - but really you need to do some seaching and finding on the forums... are you looking for thin, flashly, minimal - there are too many options - only you can find the best case for yourself

13. Bear807 macrumors member

View attachment 310683
    View attachment 310684
    This might be your solutions!
    i do not like case too, but this is the slimmest you could get in the market at the moment so is even thinner than a bumper. The one on the right is desmey slight which i think is $20.00 and the one on the left is unbranded at 1/5 of desmey. But overall desmey is better as it covers the phone overall

14. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I have the Marware Microshell. It's thin, nondescript, and hides the Apple logo very nicely.

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

If you like to use your phone naked, as I do, consider a pouch. It protects the phone from scratches, but when you use the phone it is naked.

I highly recommend Sena Ultra Thin Leather Pouch. It's leather, lined with velvet. Leaves no lint, and fits so snugly it adds ZERO bulk. Allows you to safely put your phone in pocket and not be scratched. Zero bulk is great, and when you use your naked phone you can enjoy the beauty of the phone.:D

Caveat: The case fits VERY tightly when fist used. It takes some days for the leather to stretch so the phone is accessed more easily.

16. iphonenub, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011

iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

Keep the suggestions coming guys. I've looked through a lot of cases so far but I still can't find the one. I like the pixelskin hd and the incase hybrid but I think the bulk would make me return them within a week. Also, I like bumpers but they all stretch overtime. The pouch idea is nice but I want a little protection from a small drop. I'm hopeless aren't I?

17. boraxatude macrumors member

The aluminum and titanium bumpers won't stretch and will give you some protection if dropped. If you opt for a bumper in keeping with the iPhone look (like the glide, above), you won't even know it's on your phone.

That said, the other route you could go, which I may opt for, if the skin doesn't work for me, is to get a MAS Designs metal replacement back, keeping your stock back in pristine condition.

18. sheltem macrumors member

Looks pretty good, although I wish they offered different colors with the rubberized back.

19. ldaustin macrumors newbie

20. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I've tried a ton of cases and if you are looking for a minimalistic case with some fall protection I highly recommend the Sonix snap case. Comes in a few colors and is cheap price wise. Fits the phone like a glove and the material is pretty much scratch resistant. Not bulky at all and clips on the metal edge so no interference with the screen. Good quality on all the ones I have received as well.

21. iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

Well, tomorrow I am going to pick up an incase hybrid cover. It might be bulky but I will try to live with it. The thing I like about it is it's a tpu case with a plastic bottom. That way there is no saggy bottom issues and the 2 materials and colors catches my eye.

I'll post my opinions Monday after using it for 24 hours and if I don't like it I will go through thus thread's suggestions again.

22. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

I picked up a Incipio Feather case at Walmart based on the Feather Smart Cover case I bought for my iPad 2. I was a bit disappointed. Was at Walmart about a week later and found the Agent 18 SlimShield and I like it a lot. It's very similar to the Incipip case for my iPad 2 w/ the same 'feel'. The Incipipo for the iPhone doesn't have that matte feel. The Agent 18 has a bit of a raised lip to offer some screen protection as well. I, like you, prefer a naked phone but needed something for when setting it down on hard, rough surfaces.

http://www.agent18.com/products/slimshield-iphone-4-and-iphone-4s-black-universal

If you get it a Walmart and don't like it you can easily return it. Also no shipping. Not a huge fan of Walmart but they had what I wanted.

23. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Have you considered the Sena Ultraslim? It protects your phone while transiting around, but allows you to use it naked...

24. zp3dd4 macrumors member

I actually hate bulky cases too. Recently I got the Desmay Slight and it's really slim. You won't even notice a case is on. However at that thickness it basically only provides scratch and wear protection. If you drop your phone a lot, I'd suggest something more rugged.