Can anyone identify this vehicle?

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
resi3_006-large.jpg

A really random question but I'm hoping to find the name of this vehicle and seeing as it's clearly an american car, and I'm a Brit, I wanted someone to identify it for me!

Its an image from a video game which you may be able to guess...

Thanks for the help in advance. :) Oh and this is regarding a bet from years ago!

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
View attachment 87995

A really random question but I'm hoping to find the name of this vehicle and seeing as it's clearly an american car, and I'm a Brit, I wanted someone to identify it for me!

Thanks for the help in advance. :) Oh and this is regarding a bet from years ago!
'74 Ford Torino maybe?

Might not be a real car at all... the developer might not have secured licenses for example, a bit like the cars in Driv3r. ;)

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
A po-lice-caaar? hmm, I am unfamiliar with this concept. :rolleyes::D

I believe it is a real vehicle as the other vehicles in the game are real cars so I'm guessing this is too.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
'74 Ford Torino maybe?
Nah. My first car was a '72 Ford Gran Torino and although I can see similarities, that isn't a Torino.

I still have my Torino by the way, and it still runs like a champ, but it's in need of some body work. I love that car. The 351 Windsor engine is very nice. Too bad the car is so heavy otherwise it would be a LOT faster. ;)

Anyway, the first two that came to my mind were either a Nova or Roadrunner.

Might not be a real car at all... the developer might not have secured licenses for example, a bit like the cars in Driv3r. ;)
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Perhaps it's just taken design cues from existing models but is indeed just a designers mock-up?

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
View attachment 87995

Not a real car. No car came with those things on the door and police cars have four doors. The California Highway Patrol did use some Mustangs for a while when there were no big American high-performance four-door sedans available. They were the fastest reasonably priced cars around, but when they made an arrest, they had to call in a four-door with a cage to take people away.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
Not a real car. No car came with those things on the door and police cars have four doors. The California Highway Patrol did use some Mustangs for a while when there were no big American high-performance four-door sedans available. They were the fastest reasonably priced cars around, but when they made an arrest, they had to call in a four-door with a cage to take people away.

Bingo. This is very common even in some big racing games, for example the Burnout series (which is only the most excellent glorious racing series ever).

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
It looks exactly like my mom's 1974 Plymouth Scamp, except for the little box thingies on the doors. The mirrors are perfectly round just like this car, the hood and fenders and front end look very much the same to me. My guess is that this is what it is with some aftermarket modifications. In any event, its ugly.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I always felt bad for those Canadian Mounties who are assigned to ride around on horseback. Where are they going to arrest the baddies after they catch them? How do they catch speeders or red-light runners?

Who is going to take a man dressed in a misplaced red soldier Nutcracker uniform seriously?

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
To clarify, the vehicle is from Resident evil 3 on the original Playstation! The American car industry it would seem has made quite a few cars that look like this unfortunately...

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
I always felt bad for those Canadian Mounties who are assigned to ride around on horseback. Where are they going to arrest the baddies after they catch them? How do they catch speeders or red-light runners?

Who is going to take a man dressed in a misplaced red soldier Nutcracker uniform seriously?
Someone needs to stop watching "Dudly Do-Right..." ;)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Not all police cars have 4 doors. Two extremes i actually have seen, i'll leave it for you to decide which is best.

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
Am I the only one that thinks that the Smart car looks cooler...? Hmm, maybe I should keep my opinions on that to myself perhaps. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.