Can anyone recommend an Airport-compatible (Wireless) Laser printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HotPink, May 18, 2009.

1. HotPink macrumors newbie

I am returning a Canon imageCLASS MF4350d which is supposedly Mac-compatible. Apart from HORRIBLE setup procedures, the Canon rep on the phone said that it isn't compatible with wireless printing *at all* and definitely not airport-compatible.

Does anyone know of a reliable, moderately priced laser printer that works with airport?

Thanks!!

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

This has been covered in a few threads, and you might get an answer faster via the search function. ;)

Brother seems to be decent on the Mac side, but I've not used a wireless version. (Mine is connected via Ethernet over a Netgear switch).

Take a look at the HL-2170W (W = Wireless). At least they kept it simple. ;) :p

Sorry I can't be of more help. :eek:

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

And Staples has it now for $99.99.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

+1 (or is it 2?) on the Brother HL-2170.

It's a wireless (and slightly updated) version of the 2040 I've had for a few years now. Fast and great quality.

5. nanofrog macrumors G4

Ahh... the magic number. :D :p

6. DeepCobalt macrumors regular

Is the Brother printer for very light home use only? Or can you print like 500-1000 pages per month with no problems? Seems like a *very* inexpensive printer at $99.

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

From Brother's specifications:
    Apparently, it can. :)

8. itguy80 macrumors newbie

Hl-2170w

I just bought my first mac (Macbook Pro 2.4ghz) and I haven't for the life of me been able to get this printer to work with it. It works flawlessly with my Windows PC's. I downloaded the latest drivers from Brother and installed; required a reboot. When it came back up I went into print & fax and went to the default tab and it did not see the printer. I tried setting it up as an IP printer putting the address in, it finds the printer but no job ever will go through. I'm new to Leopard so if I doing something wrong let me know. Any help would be appreciated. I called Apple Care and they couldn't help me because I have the printer connected via ethernet to my Linksys router and they don't support that apparently. When I take my laptop to the office it located all of our HP printers without any sort of issue or work on my part. Kind of weird.

9. itguy80 macrumors newbie

Just figured it out. I had to enable mDNS on the print server and Leopard located it via Bonjour and installed the correct driver.