Can anyone suggest a music player that works for Mac?

portcontrol7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
iTunes is unbelievably awful. What with it skipping EVERY song before it finishes, it has become unusable. And please don't tell me "It doesn't happen to me", go check out the Apple support forums, tons of people have this issue and Apple does NOTHING about it.

just looking for a lightweight music player that works well and is a little more organizable than VLC.

Thanks.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
UK
iTunes is unbelievably awful. What with it skipping EVERY song before it finishes, it has become unusable. And please don't tell me "It doesn't happen to me", go check out the Apple support forums, tons of people have this issue and Apple does NOTHING about it.

just looking for a lightweight music player that works well and is a little more organizable than VLC.

Thanks.
It doesn't happen to me :D

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Turn off fadin/fadeout options and see if that helps. If so, then reneable it and adjust the times to your own liking.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
What exactly is Apple supposed to do if it isn't happening to everyone? Did you call AppleCare for support with your problem or did you just post in their User-to-User support forums that you cited in your OP?

portcontrol7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
I'll try ecoute.

I have the latest iTunes, and I have crossfade off. What Apple is supposed to do is make a music player that plays a song from start to finish. VLC does it and it isn't even specifically designed with music in mind. Then again, what can't VLC do?

portcontrol7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
These are songs you imported from CD, bought in iTunes, or both?
Don't matter Brian. CD's mainly. But I found my ultimate music player for OSX.

All hail the ugly icon that is Cog! Simple, and effective music player that kills iTunes. And guess what? ZERO skips!