Can anyone suggest a music player that works for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by portcontrol7, Aug 12, 2012.

1. portcontrol7 macrumors member

iTunes is unbelievably awful. What with it skipping EVERY song before it finishes, it has become unusable. And please don't tell me "It doesn't happen to me", go check out the Apple support forums, tons of people have this issue and Apple does NOTHING about it.

just looking for a lightweight music player that works well and is a little more organizable than VLC.

Thanks.

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Ecoute is good. Their are some free one's in the store you can try. Tomahawk is very good and free from their site. http://www.tomahawk-player.org

3. aircanman macrumors 6502

It doesn't happen to me :D

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Turn off fadin/fadeout options and see if that helps. If so, then reneable it and adjust the times to your own liking.

5. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

What exactly is Apple supposed to do if it isn't happening to everyone? Did you call AppleCare for support with your problem or did you just post in their User-to-User support forums that you cited in your OP?

6. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

Winamp is a great app. Just look at that beautiful UI! But seriously, update iTunes. Maybe they fixed your bug.

7. portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

I'll try ecoute.

I have the latest iTunes, and I have crossfade off. What Apple is supposed to do is make a music player that plays a song from start to finish. VLC does it and it isn't even specifically designed with music in mind. Then again, what can't VLC do?

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

These are songs you imported from CD, bought in iTunes, or both?

9. portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

Don't matter Brian. CD's mainly. But I found my ultimate music player for OSX.

All hail the ugly icon that is Cog! Simple, and effective music player that kills iTunes. And guess what? ZERO skips!