Can I change my free case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ben17, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Ben17 macrumors member

I ordered the Tartan Speck case and then realised it is horrible and changed my mind, can i change it for another case or cancel this one and just order again?

thanks

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I would call apple, but you would be better of speaking to them and order over the phone. System is strict about taking order per phone.

3. Cnegrad macrumors newbie

4. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I've done this. I ordered the Griffin Etch one and decided that I wanted the Speck PixelSkin HD. I called and they said no problem and took the order off. The guy said that the app should let me reorder one in 2 hours. Well that never happened, so I called back today and they added the case to my account. They were very nice, but it's just the way the system is set up that stinks. Oh, and my Griffin case was showing that it would be here in September and now it won't ship till October 20. :eek:

5. Philalbe macrumors 6502

Just in time for Halloween. I'm just going to try to forget I even ordered mine, then hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise a month or so down the road.:eek:

6. jason221 macrumors 6502

Yeah, last night the PixelSkin HD was showing a wait time of 8-10 weeks :eek: I went with the Smoke-colored Incase Snap, which still showed 3-5 weeks.

7. miamihacker macrumors regular

:D you getting your case on my birthday :D

8. Built macrumors 68020

I ordered the Speck Pixelskin HD and just got my confirmation email that says that it ships on September 20th, and delivers by the 23rd. Are you sure it says October? (Not doubting you, but it's hard to believe that a matter of one day difference in ordering would make you wait an entire additional month.)

9. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

3 million phones sold, 6 or 7 cases to choose from... A day could make a big difference.

While I did order my freebie from the case app, my local Best Buy had more of a selection of iPhone 4 cases anyway.

10. gigemzach macrumors 6502

And two days after my birthday! :D :D :D :cool: :D

11. gigemzach macrumors 6502

But I did it with no problems.

12. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Yes. I would add a screen shot if I knew how to.

13. bowler357 macrumors member

Answer: yes (fixed it for you).

My wife ordered the same case I did without knowing I had ordered. I called Apple and got a very nice gent who happily took care of the change no problem.

14. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Try calling AppleCare and they will be able to provide you with a better response.

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

I am starting to look forward to my PixelSkin HD case. I love my black bumper, but it isn't completely flat on the back.

With the back panel of the HD case, I can now rest it in the palm of my hand much longer and with more comfort when I am watching a video. The bumper gives me side protection and grip, but it still gives me a feeling of "edges" too.

16. Built macrumors 68020

Hopefully, they are WAY overestimating the delay.

17. newskin macrumors 6502

i actually had my phone replaced today, so i'm not sure whether or not apple canceled my case order i placed with my previous iphone?, or should i order one again?

18. hcho3 macrumors 68030

As long as apple doesn't post white bumper on their website, I am sticking with my order.

19. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

The answer is still no.

20. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I'm wondering the same thing. I just got mine replaced today too. Anyway, I downloaded the iPhone Case Program app again and I could choose a case again. I'm not that anxious to get my case but I do want to know if my old order was canceled or not.

21. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Check on Apple's website using the order status thing.

22. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Wonder what would happen if I tried to use the Case App on the phones in the Apple Store lol.

23. xyz1534 macrumors regular

Got mine changed this morning, but my shipping date went from August 27th to October 20th....

24. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I was just able to call in and have mine changed as well. First guy I spoke with said it couldn't be done. Called back and got a different guy and he was able to take care of it for me (switched from the Incase Snap Clear to the Belkin Shield Micra Clear).