Can I get photos from iphone 4 which was submerged

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TracingError, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TracingError macrumors newbie

Hi, my wife's AT&T iphone 4 was submerged underwater. Initially, the light for the flash stayed on until the battery ran down. I took it apart sop up some water and let it dry out. Three days later I put it back together. I charged it a bit and turned it on, but without the SIM. I got the activation screed. Then I put in the SIM, and also got the activation screen.

Problem a) it will only boot up when connected to the external usb charger. When not connected, it does nothing. When connected via usb to my pc, I get the initial apple but it won't boot to the activation screen.

Problem b) There are hundreds of photos of our son on there that aren't backed up (no, no local backups, no icloud). If I go through the activation, I'm concerned that I will lose those photos. Is that the case? And if so is there anything I can do?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Apple Store... call AppleCare, this seems more of a question for them than us.

3. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

try this, hopefully it'll help u access your phone's content:

http://youtu.be/qIvR8nu4vVc

4. pokerplayer73 macrumors 6502

pokerplayer73

Similar Issue..

Hi,

My wife dropped her iPhone4S in Washing machine. She fished it out immediately, but it won't turn on. Since she tried to turn it on, I am sure that its beyond repair now, what with water causing some kind of short circuit.

What are our options? Since it is within 1 year, will Apple give us a refurbished phone for discounted price? Please let me know.

Advice is much appreciated.
    Thanks.

5. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

if the circuit is damaged, then I don't assume drying it in rice would solve the problem.
    the warranty would depend on the contract u bought the iPhone with, I'm assuming one year, so check yur expiry date.
    use the following link to know how much is left for yur iPhone's warranty by entering your serial number: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

moreover, beside of the warranty, apple will replace yur iPhone if u have registered for such a service were u pay 40$/year to get a new replacement for 250$ (can't recall the name of the service)
    otherwise, u'll have to check with them for other replacement methods

6. pokerplayer73 macrumors 6502

pokerplayer73

got a replacement.

Went to apple store. showed the e-receipt. Oct 14, 2013 was the expiry date with standard 1 yr warranty. so, got a replacement for $199 + tax. no way to recover data(notes, photos etc.) though.

7. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

sad..
    I strongly recommend u enable iCloud backup now, with all of its features