Can I pick up iphone at apple store today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rook02, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rook02 macrumors newbie

If customers who preordered from apple.com are receiving their iphones today, I am assuming that the apple stores will also be receiving their iphone today as well. Do you think if I show up to my local apple store they will let me buy mine today? I have a reserved phone, but will not be able to make it to the store until late evening on Thursday for work. I would rather have the phone today just in case something happens and they accidentally sell my reserved phone during the day on Thursday. What do you guys think?

2. dawgfang macrumors member

3. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

4. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I already did. They just handed it over and I paid.

5. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

lol, he probably believes you.

6. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I sold my 3GS last night and the guy said his brother was picking his iPhone 4 up from the Apple store today. He said that he called the store and they said you could pick them up early. I didn't believe him.

7. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Mmm that is very interesting. Congrats though. I wonder if that's going on at other apple stores as well. But I wonder what was the point of early delivery if many people can just get it today at the store? Thought it was to lessen the activation. I'm at a lost.

8. WHM macrumors regular

Sure go ahead... pick up an extra for your best friend !

9. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

oh boy, i bet this answer will trigger thousands of calls to Apple this morning! I'm tempted to call myself! I get out of work soon.

10. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

Unfortunately I'm phoneless and so I can't call.

11. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

Of course you can. I went to Regent St and told them i couldn't bothered with the lines tomorrow and if I could pick up today.

They checked my fax reservation, paid cash and walked out with a White iPhone 4 and a Red Bumper

12. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

Actually this would ease congestion. They should at least have allotted a special time for reservations to be picked up. Not only because Iphones are arriving early but Apple store is the place to buy an iPhone for walk-ins.

13. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Lololz

Xanadeath

14. Wegmans macrumors member

They totally should do this, it really really would relieve the congestion!

15. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Yes, it would. I thought maybe for a second they would since they are letting shipments arrive early. I highly doubt they will though. It will complete the mess of a launch this phone has been. As far as any surprise and the struggle to order or reserve.

16. Rkh1599 macrumors newbie

This was something I was wondering about too. I think that if you have a reservation you should be able to get it today. It would really help the stores out tomorrow with the ton of people they will get as walk-ups. This way all the reservations are already picked up and they wouldn't have to try and divide store staff between 2 lines

17. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

18. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'll call in a bit. No one's up so I can use their phone. My old phone is being shipped off today, so I pulled the SIM out. I could do it via Skype, but it looks stupid, hahaha.

19. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Yep. If the first person resists then just keep asking everyone that works there until you get it.

And don't take no for an answer.....they're just messing with you if they say no.

20. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

This is a question I was wondering too. That would be quite awesome if I could get it today... I would definitely swing over to the Apple Store after work and pick it up. Way better than the chaos to ensue tomorrow morning...

21. CJayC macrumors 6502

He says he'd rather have the phone today. He's the only one.

22. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I think everyone would. Tomorrow will be a nightmare with activations. It'll work with people in NY, FL, etc for a hour, but won't by the time we go into the stores in Dallas.

23. Make7UpYours728 macrumors member

Make7UpYours728

that would be sweet if they allow pick up today :D

24. BobXX macrumors newbie

Certainly, because everyone else would much rather camp out at the store and have to wait in line for hours.

That way, you get a sense of accomplishment once you finally receive your phone... ;)