Can i restart my iphone though itunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikeyiphone, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mikeyiphone macrumors regular

I have a 2G with a broken sleep button, when i want to restart the phone i usually just restore my network settings. This usually straightens out any issues i have with the phone (frozen web pages, sim car issues, running slow etc) and then i reenter my networks for wifi access. Its actually a real quick and simple trick since the sleep button hasn't work in months.

The problem I now have is that my phone itself is completely frozen. I tried calling it and it wont even let me answer the call. I tried poping out the sim - and now im stuck with a no sim card installed pop up. The wifi,signal, battery bar has no even disappeared.

I was wondering if anyone knows how i can get the phone to restart though itunes without resorting to the restore method.

I know when you install a new update (like 3.0) when done installing it reboots your phone, is there anything i can do to imitate that function.

I have basically all my data and contracts backed up but i still dont like the idea of restoring.

2. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

3. mikeyiphone thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking that but the battery is basically full charged and who knows how long that would take.

Im surprised there is no alternative to restarting the phone without having to do a restore.

Im actually backing up my phone since the last one was last month. Its taking forever, so i may just do the restore. I can only imagine how long its going to take to sync all the music and contacts back.

4. Wailord macrumors 6502

5. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

It shouldn't take that long. I had to restore mine the other day, and almost all 16 gb are full, and it only took about 1.5 to 2 hours to restore and copy everything over, if I remember correctly.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

About same space available here and it less than an hour.

7. mikeyiphone thread starter macrumors regular

Mine is at capacity with the 8gb.

This phone is always freezing up on web pages this is the first time the whole phone froze.

I hope this isnt a sign of things to come im hoping this phone can make it till next June.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I suppose the only thing to do is to let it de charge.