Can I return my MBP 13?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by runtohell121, Apr 13, 2010.

1. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

I bought the MBP 13 on 3/23/10.. The top end model for the 13" which has 2.53 GHz CPU and 4GB RAM. I swapped out the HDD to SSD also. I was wondering since the new one is out, can I ask apple for an exchange or that's not possible?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

WTH is wrong with yours? You're not going to get much of a performance improvement with a new 13"....

You want to trade it in for .13 GHz?:rolleyes:

I just don't understand spec-chasers.

3. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know >< Just that the graphic card bump is what I really wanted o.o...

4. Claerion macrumors member

And a battery upgrade
    and a trackpad upgrade
    and different graphics
    and a mini display with audio

He must be crazy!

5. Surely Guest

Surely

You'll get charged a restocking fee.

Good luck.

/staying out of the MBP threads until the insanity goes away....

6. crhudy1985 macrumors regular

I am pretty sure you can only return within the 14 day window after purchase.

I bought my 2.53 13" model on April 5th and can return mine. I am just wondering if it is worth the hassle. But I don't know if I could get a partial refund due to the price decrease. I don't know if it works considering it is not the exact same product (different processors, battery, etc). Anyone have prior experience?

7. n3092 macrumors newbie

not only that but the 320 is almost equal to the 9600gt

8. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

meh.. I guess I'll stay with what I have.. it isn't slow or anything, just wanting to keep up with the spec if possible without any fees.. since it's only 3 weeks old..

9. breathesrain macrumors regular

All of you should at least try calling. I've heard more than one person on this forum talk about how they got an upgrade when they took their computer in when it was less than one month old. Try it, at least!

10. crhudy1985 macrumors regular

That is a really good idea. I never even thought of calling. I usually like any excuse to go into the apple store. But I will give it a try tomorrow.

11. duo peach macrumors newbie

i have the 2.53 mbp 13 already. what the new mbp 13 most interest me is the 10 hours battery life.
    i really love it! but i have no many also have no way to get the new mbp 13.:(

12. JayMFSC macrumors newbie

i bought mine on march 26th. before i pulled the gun, i asked if it were updated would they exchange it, and they said within 30 days.

i called earlier today and the manager said "come on in we'll take care of you."

so tomorrow im getting my newly updated 13 incher with updated graphics :D :apple:

go for it dude, get your moneys worth. since they don't pre-announce product releases they have to make up for it somehow.

13. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

The most annoying part would be.. taking my SSD back out ><.. lol.. and wiping the 250gb that it came with.. I filled it for time machine backup

14. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i dont think they have to, they rather gain future business than lose it because of some exchange :]

15. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

+1

16. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

I walked into the Apple Store that I bought the MBP today and asked them about the exchange, the employee said "sure, we'll find out if we can do that."

I hope they won't charge any restocking fee or anything =/..

If they do, what is a good excuse?

17. FMD:. macrumors member

They might not charge you a restocking fee if you payed more for your old one than for how much the newer ones cost.

18. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine was $1499.00 which the new one is the same price.

I'm just worried about will they actually accept it for an exchange.. How does it work? Do my mom (she paid for it) have to be there with me or can I just go alone and ask for an exchange?

19. riotgear macrumors member

Why don't you call them or go to the store and ask? Seems to be they would be able to give you a better answer than random people on the INTERNET! Tell your mom you are not happy with what she bought you and you order her to buy you a new one.

BTW - You HAD to know that there was an upcoming update coming when you bought your 13". If you visited any Mac site 3 weeks ago that is all anyone was talking about. With that said, I'm glad I waited another month as I am SATISFIED with my i7 MBP! :D

20. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

I needed a MBP before my Spring Break was over. I had no choice. I did ask an employee and all he told me was to bring the MBP in with all the original accessories and they will have a talk with the Manager.

21. thirdeye85 macrumors newbie

Doesn't hurt to try. I would do it sooner than later though.

22. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm planning to do it tomorrow but I don't know do they need my mom to be there if they are going to refund it and then rebuy or something like that.

23. riotgear macrumors member

You may need the original card it was purchased on... assuming she used a card and not cash.

24. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

really? they are just going to refund the computer and repurchase it?

25. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

All you need is all the original packaging and materials along with your receipt.