Can I Unlock 4.3.5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by d4zza, Oct 12, 2011.

1. d4zza macrumors member

Hi folks,

With the release of the new iPhone 4S, I'm not sure whether I'm going to renew my contract with my current carrier(o2 UK) or whether to go with another carrier.

I've been finding myself using mobile internet a lot more recently, but the 3G signal is almost non-existent where I work, so I'm seriously thinking about changing to another carrier if a better signal exists. I've looked at the major carriers websites (Vodafone, Orange UK, etc) and most of them show a "good" mobile internet signal, and o2's website confirms a poor signal area.

However, I'd much rather find out what the signals are like BEFORE changing carrier.

I've done jailbreaking plenty of time with 3G, 3GS and 4, but before now, never seen the need to unlock as I've never bothered about changing carrier. My current iPhone 4 had never been jailbroken until after I'd upgraded to 4.3.5 (tethered jailbreak using Redsn0W 0.9.8b7b) and I'm not too sure about this "baseband" thing, so that's why I'm asking if there is a tool such as Ultrasn0w that will allow me to unlock so I can try different carriers before deciding what to do come Friday.

thanks in advance...Daz

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No unlock for 4.3.5 and an updated baseband. So, unless your baseband is 01.59.00 no unlock.

3. d4zza thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick reply, how do I find out the baseband?

4. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware

5. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

You can always use Gevey.

6. d4zza thread starter macrumors member

Ok, the Modem Firmware says - 04.10.01

Is this of any use to me?

I know I could contact my carrier to unlock, but I don't want to pay £15 just so I can check how other carriers signals are over the course of 2 or 3 minutes.

Only want to check the 3G signal, and I'm trading in the phone for the new 4S.

----------

Thanks for the suggestion, but it will literally be a few minutes that I require the unlock for.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

SIM sandwiches are always dangerous.

8. d4zza thread starter macrumors member

So I suppose I'll just have to look for co-workers on the various networks and ask their experiences of mobile internet.

Trying to find 3 smartphone users on 3 different networks isn't going to be easy!!! :D