Can i use iphone 5s (Sprint) in Vietnam

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phoneuser690, Mar 15, 2014.

1. phoneuser690 macrumors newbie

Hi Im planing to go to Vietnam this summer for vacation and I am wondering if I can use the 5S from Sprint in Vietnam by purchasing a new simcard there without unlocking my phone? Does anyone have any experience with Sprint iphone 5s outside of the U.S.

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Call Sprint and get the device unlocked. Make sure you don't lose your Sprint SIM when you come back to the US. Unlocking a Sprint phone will only unlock for international usage not for within the US

3. phoneuser690 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im planing to buy sprint iphone 5s on ebay because it cheaper so I wont be able to unlock it. Can i just buy a new sim card in vietnam and use it?

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You need to contact Sprint to unlock your phone. If you're buying a phone from ebay, there is a good chance that Sprint will not unlock it because either the phone is blacklisted or because you are not a Sprint customer. If it is not unlocked, you can't use your Vietnamese SIM.

Avoid causing problems for yourself an buy a GSM unlocked or Verizon iPhone.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Here are the rules.

1. Establish service with Sprint (it cannot be an ASL (Account Spending Limit) account)
    2. Maintain service with Sprint for 90 days
    3. Pay your bill on time
    4. Call Sprint, ask for international unlock

If you CANNOT meet ANY of these requirements, Sprint will NOT unlock your iPhone for international use.

There is NO third party unlock, either for international or domestic use. ONLY Sprint can unlock your iPhone for international use.

If you have purchased already and cannot meet #1 and #2, congratulations you have just bought yourself an expensive iPod Touch!