Can not repair permissions after upgrade from Tiger to Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lavrishevo, Dec 2, 2007.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Just upgraded to Leopard from Tiger on my new iMac and 16 month old MB Pro and I get a bunch of permissions that come up every time and are not repaired on both machines, exactly the same stuff. I can post what they are if necessary. Both machines are running great but it is a bit strange that Leopard does not want to fix them or at least ignore them. Any ideas on what to do? I am thinking a fresh install from a clean drive would fix this but I am trying to avoid that. Any help would be lovely.

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

There is a very simple solution for your problem: Don't try repairing permissions, and don't worry about it. The whole thing hasn't served any useful purpose since 10.2.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

it is a very common issue for some leopard users to get these same errors when repairing permissions. dont worry about it. leopard's disk util is also pretty slow. heres hoping it will get fixed up in a few updates. as the poster stated above dont worry about it and try not to repair permissions all the time. just enjoy your mac and dont worry about that stuff.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you want to post them anyway, go ahead, but if they say something like "has been modified and will not be repaired," then it's considered normal by Apple.