Can notifications be swiped away with a single swipe?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by ehfz, Jun 6, 2018.

1. ehfz macrumors member

In iOS 12, can notifications be swiped away with a single gesture or does this action still require a swipe followed by a confirm buttom tap? I'm excited by group notifications in iOS 12 but being able to easily swipe away gestures without a confirm action is another thing I am hoping Apple implements (this is the way Android does it and in my opinion it contributes to being able to more easily and quickly parse and dismiss notifications).

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

3D touching and swiping down will dismiss it.

3. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I don't have iOS 12, but you can KINDA swipe away with one gesture already in iOS 11. You just need to start far enough over to the right on your screen and swipe right to left completely. The notification does swipe away. It'll pop up the buttons but if you keep swiping over it'll just clear it.

4. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

If you start the swipe as far to the right of the notification as possible and continue until you hit the edge of the phone you should be able to. It is harder with the Manage button tho.

5. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Doesn’t work on iOS 12 because you get these options (Manage, View and Clear). 3D Touch and swipe down has a message saying “dismiss”. It’s really not much work to be honest, alternatively you can use the X to clear all.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2018 ---
    Nope, just summons the camera screen.

6. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

I said the notification, not the edge of the screen. :p

7. profets macrumors 601

That's what I thought - that it's not possible now with the manage as one of the options showing when swiping to the left. But I kept swiping right to the very edge of the screen and it actually cleared it like you can in iOS 11. However, it was pretty challenging to do that. I'm sure they'll tweak it during the betas.

8. alexmarchuk, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018

alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Nah I don’t think so. Not on the iPhone X at least.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2018 ---
    There is a good 1/6 of an inch that it will react to the camera rather than the swipe to view more options for the notification..

9. profets macrumors 601

It was on the iPhone X that I just did it. Though it's very awkward to get it to slide all the way over for it to actually clear.

10. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like that's there in iOS 11 right now already.