Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woods1110

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
People are doing this crap all over craigslist. The are charging $20 to unlock the phone. I can't stand people like that.

oldimac

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2008
I don't see the problem - I have spent hours and hours on this forum and I still have questions about ziphone, unlocking, installer app etc. There are many people out there who don't want to spend the time, energy looking things up that $10 or $20 is probably a real deal to have someone else do their dirty work.

Myself, I would much rather do the research and do it myself so I know how so the next time Apple comes out with a "revision" and it knocks my phone out, I will know how to redo it again .....but some people don't want to do that.

I would NEVER NEVER NEVER pay sticker for a new car because I really like haggling with car dealers but there are a LOT of people who just go in, pay retail and are happy.

To each his/her own I guess. :p

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I don't see the problem - I have spent hours and hours on this forum and I still have questions about ziphone, unlocking, installer app etc. There are many people out there who don't want to spend the time, energy looking things up that $10 or $20 is probably a real deal to have someone else do their dirty work.

Myself, I would much rather do the research and do it myself so I know how so the next time Apple comes out with a "revision" and it knocks my phone out, I will know how to redo it again .....but some people don't want to do that.

I would NEVER NEVER NEVER pay sticker for a new car because I really like haggling with car dealers but there are a LOT of people who just go in, pay retail and are happy.

To each his/her own I guess. :p

Use this guide, VERY simple:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/457556/

Edit - By the way, paying $10-20 for that is not assurance you will still understand.

kingpikey

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I randomly harass scammers on Craigslist. I send them long emails, appearing extremely interested, leading them on a wild goose chase. My only hope is that I waste enough of their time that they may be able to scam 1 less person. Ah well.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
People are doing this crap all over craigslist. The are charging $20 to unlock the phone. I can't stand people like that.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Sure, free software shouldn't be charged for but there's no problem charging for the service to install it on someone else's behalf.

I wouldn't mind paying someone for the trouble of unlocking an iPhone for me, the software may be free but the time it takes to do it isn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.