Can Someone Help Me Bring This Idiot Down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickjaco, Mar 23, 2008.

1. nickjaco macrumors newbie

2. cupofjoe macrumors regular

Wow. :eek: He definitely needs to go down for that.

3. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Cant you just report it as illegal software? IDK that it would work or not.

4. woods1110 macrumors member

People are doing this crap all over craigslist. The are charging $20 to unlock the phone. I can't stand people like that.

5. oldimac macrumors regular

I don't see the problem - I have spent hours and hours on this forum and I still have questions about ziphone, unlocking, installer app etc. There are many people out there who don't want to spend the time, energy looking things up that $10 or $20 is probably a real deal to have someone else do their dirty work.

Myself, I would much rather do the research and do it myself so I know how so the next time Apple comes out with a "revision" and it knocks my phone out, I will know how to redo it again .....but some people don't want to do that.

I would NEVER NEVER NEVER pay sticker for a new car because I really like haggling with car dealers but there are a LOT of people who just go in, pay retail and are happy.

To each his/her own I guess. :p

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Use this guide, VERY simple:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=457556

Edit - By the way, paying $10-20 for that is not assurance you will still understand.

7. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

why do you guys care?

let karma deal with him... :cool:

8. kingpikey macrumors member

I randomly harass scammers on Craigslist. I send them long emails, appearing extremely interested, leading them on a wild goose chase. My only hope is that I waste enough of their time that they may be able to scam 1 less person. Ah well.

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Nothing wrong with that at all. Sure, free software shouldn't be charged for but there's no problem charging for the service to install it on someone else's behalf.

I wouldn't mind paying someone for the trouble of unlocking an iPhone for me, the software may be free but the time it takes to do it isn't.