Can someone please tell me what is this at the top?

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
It's not normal there was another thread with other people having the same issue with the back light showing.

DaQuickPG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Ok, thanks all, i will take this one back also. I plan on keeping these for a while so better resolve these early.

Identity Fraud

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
It's not normal there was another thread with other people having the same issue with the back light showing.
Id be curious if there is no one who has this issue. I have the same issue on mine and I'm starting to think it's just the nature of producing these units and is almost unavoidable.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
Hm.

Im curious if I should wait a week before I try to swap it (in hopes I get a recently produced one rater than first batch - if that even matters).
Personally, I'd go now b/c the second batch may not be Samsung Panels, which then may be even more frustrating.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Or the second batch will be refurbs from all the "ZOMG ITS YELLLOWWWWWW!!!!!1111!!!!!" returners.

calilove

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
I just made a thread about my experience with this and calling customer support, it sounded like they had no idea what I was talking about.

The screen on mine that was right next to this area had a red tint and was extremely distracting on white or grey backgrounds. I had a good, even, non yellow screen, with no dead pixels, but I can not deal with a red splotch about the size of a playing card.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
I have one spot on mine but is impossible to see it unless held at extreme angles plus it does not mess with the display.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I don't have the problem and if i were you i'd definitely return it. Its bad assembly.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
Same here. This is the second time I have read about this and checked mine again.
Yep, checked again, like my 5th time. Nothing. Everything is perfect on this one, imo. Only small bit is the home button is a little loose or well pops up a bit, nothing to make too much of. Light bleed is very, very minimal. Only 2-4 spots of it, very light.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I have it too, but I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't see this thread. The viewing angle required to see it on mine makes it a non-issue pretty much.

I shouldn't see it in normal viewing conditions in my daily usage :)

Viper2005

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2007
Canada
U taking urs back?
Mine has a series of bright spots at the top too. Do you think it's worth the hassle of taking it back to the store?

[url=http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6224/6995307037_f52530eb19.jpg]Image[/url]
No its not worth it, for me. The screen is otherwise perfect and I don't want to risk the new one having dead pixels/yellowing etc.
The light leakage is minor and not even noticeable unless you view it at that extreme angle.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Mine has zero light leak and no dead pixels, but has a yellow hue on the bottom 1/4 of the screen. Pick your poison. ;)

DaQuickPG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Mine thing is the long run, don't want something else happening in a year when warranty expires. If they can't give me the perfect one, I will get the money back and buy them again in a few months.