Can someone please tell me what is this at the top?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DaQuickPG, Mar 18, 2012.

1. DaQuickPG macrumors member

I have 3 new iPads and one has a dead pixel and is going back. The other one, pictured, has a weird backlight issue when looked from this angle. Please help, doesn't seem normal, should I exchange?

Attached Files:

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Not sure what we are looking at. Can you circle it?

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Yeah that is horrid light leak, bring it back. A few folks have that issue.

4. scupking macrumors 6502a

It's not normal there was another thread with other people having the same issue with the back light showing.

5. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

6. DaQuickPG thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks all, i will take this one back also. I plan on keeping these for a while so better resolve these early.

7. DaQuickPG thread starter macrumors member

U taking urs back?

8. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

Mine has a series of bright spots at the top too. Do you think it's worth the hassle of taking it back to the store?

[​IMG]

9. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

Id be curious if there is no one who has this issue. I have the same issue on mine and I'm starting to think it's just the nature of producing these units and is almost unavoidable.

10. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Nothing on mine. I have checked multiple times.

11. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

Hm.

Im curious if I should wait a week before I try to swap it (in hopes I get a recently produced one rater than first batch - if that even matters).

12. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Personally, I'd go now b/c the second batch may not be Samsung Panels, which then may be even more frustrating.

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Or the second batch will be refurbs from all the "ZOMG ITS YELLLOWWWWWW!!!!!1111!!!!!" returners.

14. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Nothing here....my iPad is perfect

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

does it affect usage?

i have never checked for that on mine

16. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Same here. This is the second time I have read about this and checked mine again.

17. DaQuickPG thread starter macrumors member

No it doesn't. Didn't even look for it (or knew i should be) until my iPad was on the table in front of me and I got the notification and saw it from far

18. calilove macrumors member

I just made a thread about my experience with this and calling customer support, it sounded like they had no idea what I was talking about.

The screen on mine that was right next to this area had a red tint and was extremely distracting on white or grey backgrounds. I had a good, even, non yellow screen, with no dead pixels, but I can not deal with a red splotch about the size of a playing card.

19. sekazi macrumors 6502

I have one spot on mine but is impossible to see it unless held at extreme angles plus it does not mess with the display.

20. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I don't have the problem and if i were you i'd definitely return it. Its bad assembly.

21. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Yep, checked again, like my 5th time. Nothing. Everything is perfect on this one, imo. Only small bit is the home button is a little loose or well pops up a bit, nothing to make too much of. Light bleed is very, very minimal. Only 2-4 spots of it, very light.

22. troop231 macrumors 603

I have it too, but I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't see this thread. The viewing angle required to see it on mine makes it a non-issue pretty much.

I shouldn't see it in normal viewing conditions in my daily usage :)

23. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

No its not worth it, for me. The screen is otherwise perfect and I don't want to risk the new one having dead pixels/yellowing etc.
    The light leakage is minor and not even noticeable unless you view it at that extreme angle.

24. Justin Luck macrumors regular

Mine has zero light leak and no dead pixels, but has a yellow hue on the bottom 1/4 of the screen. Pick your poison. ;)

25. DaQuickPG thread starter macrumors member

Mine thing is the long run, don't want something else happening in a year when warranty expires. If they can't give me the perfect one, I will get the money back and buy them again in a few months.