Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarlyLyon

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
passcode locking your phone is a great idea but there are still ways to tapinto the phone hence sim cloning.. and besides if someone wanted your info and your phone it will happen regardless

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
passcode locking your phone is a great idea but there are still ways to tapinto the phone hence sim cloning.. and besides if someone wanted your info and your phone it will happen regardless

Not unless your a major drug dealer or your name is Yaba-daba-do and you're planning to blow up some government buildings, I wouldn't worry about this to much.

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
would anybody tell me how this flexspy works technically?
Flexspy requires a Jail broke phone...
Simply purchase FlexiSPY for iPhone spyphone, and you can download directly into your jailbroken iPhone. No complicated cables or PCs are required, the entire process takes only a few minutes, and can be done anytime you have your iPhone in your hands.If you have not yet jailbroken your phone, we show you how to do that in a matter of minutes
ONLY captures and delivers; iPhone SMS, Email, Call Records and GPS locations

HOLLY Windows ME... $249 PER YEAR PER PHONE :eek:
BUT if you can float a $249 'loan' on a CC they do offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason you are unhappy with your product within 5 days of a successful product activation we will refund your money. Also, if you cannot run FlexiSPY because of any device configuration issue, we will refund your money in full.

So this product is NOT an OTA installed/delivered product by any means.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around

My daughters phone is set up so there is a passcode on the SIM card it self.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
So...umm...don't give your iPhone to shady people who ask you to borrow it to install spy software on it?

Thanks for the tip?

What a pointless video.

bbrosen

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
Remote Installation of software

I didn't comment on what was permantely retained. I merely commented on the fact that they must record the conversations that are monitored. It does make sense that only the relevant sections are kept for x amount of time. And no, I didn't think that everyone was recorded on mass, I would imagine there would be a number of factors preventing this.

I do however disagree with your comment regarding remote software installation. I would imagine that this is only available on newer devices, and wouldn't be possible on older phones.

I can only imagine what we have today, and to be honest, I imagine it is fairly scary, but, as they say, ignorance is bliss, and I am happy with that

Some time ago some Mobsters were busted using this tech on their cellphones, the program was remotely installed on their phones via the cellular provider. It was the only way to get it there, there was no way to humanly get to each mobsters phone to install software on it.

If hackers can get software running on your pc even when you are on guard trying to protect your pc and still get away with it, then imagine how easy it is on unprotected cell phones of unsuspecting people?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.