can using student ADC 20% discount still get free ipod nano?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by flyscorpio, Apr 14, 2007.

1. flyscorpio macrumors newbie

Usually, from June to september, there will be back to school plan a free ipod nano for education buyer.
    The problem is if I use the student ADC discount, can I still be able to get the free ipod nano?

Thanks.

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

To qualify for any educational deal you must buy your entire purchase through the education store.

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

4. mward333 macrumors 6502a

mward333

OOPS: PLEASE IGNORE MY POST BELOW. I thought that the OP mentioned an "education" discount, not an "ADC" discount. I need more sleep!

------------------

In late summer 2005, I bought an iBook using the education discount and was also able to get the free iPod nano on the "back to school" promotion. This was completely standard stuff at the time.... nothing unusual. As you said, and as I recall, the discount was available sometime in the late summer -- early fall. I don't recall the actual dates. You just make your education purchase on the Apple Education store (I did mine online, for instance, an iBook and an iPod) and then you mail in a rebate to get reimbursed for your iPod nano. So you originally buy the iBook and iPod and then Apple will send you a check (to pay you back) for the iPod in the mail.

I didn't do it again in 2006, so I don't know what rules were enforced in 2006.

5. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

The ADC discount is not the educational discount.

You buy it from a different store.

6. mward333 macrumors 6502a

mward333

I just read too quickly..... my mistake. Sorry!

(Yes, I realize the difference between ADC and the Education store.)

Thank you for clearing this up. I'm editing my post above.