Can we get a "Carrier specific" Subforum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Infraggable Kru, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

Now that AT&T is no longer the only carrier can we please get a Carrier specific subforum ie to ask carrier specific issues

Preferabbly with subforums such as

AT&T
    Verizon
    Other USA carriers
    International Carriers

I could care less what kind of specific verizon problems/questions the horde of newbies are going to ask

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why? The iPhone itself is still an iPhone, no?

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I see no need for carrier sub-forums.

4. stewart715 macrumors 6502

I think this is a valid point. Verizon comments seem to piss AT&T people off and visa versa. Verizon only place - AT&T only place (for service issues likely) - iPhone General Discussion will be..well iPhone/non-carrier specific discussion (i.e. new features, general issues, etc).

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

agreed

this is not an att or verizon website but apple

att and verizon have their own support forums

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

There is currently a lot to talk about that is Verizon-specific, and there will probably be more over the coming weeks. Then we'd expect it to even out. When it does, there may not be enough activity that is specific to each carrier to have dedicated forums for each of them. We don't make decisions like this on the day of a big event since the data is clearly skewed.

7. Padraig macrumors 6502a

Then why are you asking for a subforum?

Plus, someone who has joined last month is hardly in a position to be complaining about "newbies".

8. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The problem with splitting forums like this is that you end up with people not visiting the sub-forums.

The other problem is that most issues discussed in the MR iPhone forum aren't in any way carrier specific.

The iPhone has been on different carriers worldwide since 2007, and many posters (myself included) from those countries are able to answer questions from AT&T or Verizon customers.

If someone can't download an App update or wants to know how a specific feature works, putting it in a carrier sub-forum isn't going to help them.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Um, ATT has never been the only carrier. I have no idea how the forums managed until now.

10. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It's not all about the US. I guess you might as well make a new section for AT&T, Verizon, O2, 3, Vodaphone, Orange, Rogers, Fido, Telus, etc.

Yeah, no.

12. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

Only US matters ... :D

13. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I say leave it as it. If the iPhone splits into Verizon and AT&T, then you might as well add O2, Vodaphone, T-Mobile, T-Mobile USA, Bell, Rogers, Orange and everything else.

14. Infraggable Kru, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011

Infraggable Kru thread starter macrumors regular

Well that's what I would prefer, but even having a single forum for "Carrier/Phone reception related issues" would be enough

There have been dozens of threads in the past where someone will say " Hey my AT&T coverage here in my small town seems to be dead"

That question is completely Carrier Related

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

This whole Verizon AT&T thing will die down soon ... as soon as people stop starting threads like this :cool:

16. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You people are forgetting that not everyone is from the US and thus has no AT&T nor Verizon.