Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mamaway

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
I love the content of this site, but sometimes I get way too many "stories" about betas being seeded for such and such and media service X launching in market Y. I want Apple rumors and breaking Apple news that consumers of Apple products can't get elsewhere. Pre-release software is interesting, but not every single version, and especially when there's no information about what changed. I used to get 4-6 posts a day in my feed and I feel like it's doubled over the last year, even though Apple hasn't doubled the number of things they're working on. I understand the economics, so perhaps consider premium versions of this service. Thanks.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi,

We have talked about offering an ability to filter RSS feeds based on specific categories, but we've had other things we've been focusing on.

As you suggested, adding it as part of our current ad-free contributor package (https://forums.macrumors.com/account/upgrades) is a possibility.

We'll let you know,
arn

Last edited:
Reactions: mamaway
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.